Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Engineering Project manager - New Product Introduction.
Project Manager - Supply Chain Management- New Product Introduction - is responsible to drive all SCM related activities for the launch of a new instrument. The Project Manager drives Core Initiatives, new ways of working and Best Practices for product introduction across new development projects and into manufacturing operations. This position will improve the methodologies for how Laboratory Diagnostics instruments are brought to the market.
- Represent SCM functions at the Core Team
- Implements new ways of working and best practices across development projects
- Project manages improvement programs
- Key liaison between development and commercialization.
- Identify improvements in the New Product Introduction process and implement across projects
Reports to the Director of New Product Introduction, within the Supply Chain and Manufacturing organization
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Engineering Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Drive all SCM related activities for the launch of a new instrument
- Drive New Product Introduction Core Initiatives and Best Practices across on-going projects
- Work closely with R&D to develop strategies to streamline and improve New Product Introduction and Design Transfer
- Oversee the design transfer metrics across all projects to ensure successful new project introductions
- Implement New Ways of Working for product introduction into manufacturing operations
- Develop KPIs for New Product Introduction
- Drive adaptation/implementation of IT tools as it pertains to New Product Introduction
- Achieve on time delivery of key milestones
- Represent the Healthineers Principles (Core Values)
- Collaborate with related business partners
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Engineering Field
- 7-10 Years’ experience in Medical Device Development or Manufacturing
- Experience with lean tools and principles
- Experience in leading cross-functional technical teams located across multiple locations.
- Ability to organize and manage the activities of others.
- Project management skills
- Capable of operating and liaison at all levels including managerial, project and technical.
- Proven management skills, people skills and organizational development.
- Medical Device, or other FDA regulated field
- 10% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters Degree in related engineering field
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Certification, a plus
- Project Management Certification, a plus
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.