Manufacturing Supervisor – Rotor Area – 2nd Shift
To be the world’s leading provider of motors for more than 100 years you need to be bold, to evolve, to innovate, to meet customer’s needs the moment they arise. It takes ingenuity – and every day at Siemens Norwood, we bring to life high quality products and services to customers around the world.
The Manufacturing Supervisor position is responsible for leading the day-to-day manufacturing activities within the Rotors and Machining areas in a unionized site with operational excellence as a goal. The incumbent will drive a strong safety culture throughout the department to become world class. This position is on 2nd shift that collaborates with the Rotor Area Focus Factory Manager and is a key member of the Manufacturing Leadership Team. The incumbent leads and advises staff of around 25 hourly employees.
- Manages sophisticated product manufacturing to ensure that cost efficiency, manufacturability, Quality and Safety requirements are attainable in the production process.
- Conduct periodic safety audits within department(s).
- Ensure all safety requirements for both OSHA and site specific are adhered to.
- Coordinate with both upstream and downstream manufacturing supervisors/managers and production control to meet production requirements.
- Owns the development of complex procedures to support product modifications and assembly.
- Identifies resource needs with significant influence on approval of identified needs.
- Work closely with union leadership to ensure a collaborative relationship.
- Work closely with function leads to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Define and develop manufacturing strategy with function leads.
- Excel and support Shop Floor Management, drive balanced problem solutions.
- Understand, live and improve value stream mapping/design.
- Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to acquire optimum efficiency.
- Impact of decisions on business operations can have a high level of impact.
- Fixes and resolves sophisticated problems.
- May be responsible for overall success of function or project.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies sophisticated knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and good knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
Typically 2+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BS degree in mechanical, or related engineering degree
- 3-5 years experience leading a production area including general manufacturing practices, manufacturing engineering
- Experience in a unionized environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Experience with lean manufacturing tools and processes.
- Experience in ERP systems, ex: SAP
- Experience in supervision of the following: CNC Lathes, CNC O.D. Grinders, CNC Mill/Turn, Manual lathes, and Manual Grinders.
- Knowledge and experience of Welding Processes and Equipment including: AWS standards, MIG welding, TIG Welding, torch and induction brazing .
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Understanding of Lean principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience of Total Productive Maintenance systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Understand tolerances (GD&T), both Metric and Standard measurement systems.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Experience in an Engineer to Order environment is preferred.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.