Senior Legal Counsel & Compliance Manager – Siemens Industrial Ltd., Dhaka Bangladesh
We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow! The talented individuals ready to help Siemens transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
The incumbent in the combined position would be responsible for corporate law including litigation and commercial transactions as well as support advance business goals of Siemens by providing compliance related business advice to Management in a complex high-risk environment. The incumbent must be a Bangladeshi national.How do you craft the future through your incredible Legal and Compliance experience?
- Responsible for the Legal role in advising and rendering legal support to the management, all business units, and the corporate departments like Procurement, IT, Communications, Human Resources etc.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide range of domestic and international commercial contracts (including NDAs, Consortium Agreements, Pre-Bid Agreements, Supply and Purchasing Agreements, Work Contracts, Framework Agreements, Service Level Agreements, Government Contracts, etc.) with large public and private customers, as well as suppliers and subcontractors; crafting standard templates of agreements, purchase orders and handle specialized topics.
- Appointing, handling, advising and strategizing with external lawyers across the country for all litigations (civil and criminal) and the overall dispute resolution process and specialized topics. Prepare the appropriate legal documents for trial or court proceedings and represent the company in legal proceedings through external lawyers.
- Guide management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations which will include the such as to develop and control systems to prevent or look after violations of legal guidelines and internal policies. Draft, modify and implement company policies, collaborate with corporate counsels and HR department to supervise enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Review the work of colleagues when vital, to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training; To look out for regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving standard methodologies in compliance control and prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Role also requires conducting trainings on specialized topics for business colleagues and corporate departments. Evaluate new business relationships with vendors, contractors and subcontractors, etc. Protect the company against legal risks and violations and examine the legal issues related to new products and services and negotiate deals on behalf of the company etc.
- You will be involved in Compliance role such as ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and business conduct guideline make sure that compliance issues are promptly reported to the local management and the regional compliance officer. Providing fitting measures for prevention of violations of laws or regulations that could lead to corporate sanctions. Provide regular compliance trainings to managers and others designated by the management and HQ.
- Perform regular business-related controls, reviews and in cases of breaches trigger, support compliance investigation initiated by the Central Compliance of Siemens AG. If determined to be violations, ensure that vital steps for remediation of violations are implemented. Be a trusted business advisor by advising and rendering support to all business units, corporate departments. Liaise and work in close coordination with the global and regional legal and Compliance teams.
- Policy making decisions of the Company. Designing and overseeing the company’s policy and position on legal matters and knowledge management.
You must be Masters/Graduate in Law from any reputed university preferably from abroad.
You bring more than 10 years of PQE in the legal department of any multinational company. Worked with multinational company, with internationally staffed teams and international contractual partners.
Experience in handling big project contracts and public procurement contracts. Specific experience on taking care of compliance (anti-corruption) topic is meaningful.
Must have excellent communication and presentation skills both in Bengali and English. Capable of working under pressure. Excellent problem-solving approach.Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangladesh (Dhaka) gives the opportunity to visit other locations in Bangladesh and beyond. In return, the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the craft of things to come.
Siemens is one of the leading multi-national companies in the growing area of electrical engineering sector in the world. This German electrical giant operates in 190 countries, crafting leading-edge innovations for better life and driving profitability and corporate responsibility around the globe. We are looking for some multifaceted and young professionals for Siemens Industrial Ltd.
Last but not the least we're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Industrial Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time