We have a fantastic opportunity for a Plant and Facilities Engineer to join our Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business in Northampton, Kingsheath.
In this role, you will be responsible for performing planned and reactive maintenance activities on facility and infrastructure assets. This will include regular inspection of all aspects of the facility to promote maximum availability. You will manage external contractor resource, promoting safe working practices to best meet availability targets. You will also consult with your line manager in developing and implementing maintenance, rework and repair strategies and implementing new procedures and depot improvements.
This role is Northampton site based (5 days a week) therefore ideally you will live within a commutable distance from the Kingsheath depot.
What part will you play
- Complete preventative and reactive maintenance service calls and requests
- Undertake maintenance, inspection, and repair of depot plant in accordance with the agreed maintenance regime defined on the Maintenance Management System, including scheduling new tasks
- Check the facilities performance using the Building Management System daily for any alarms and rectify as applicable
- Carry out regular weekly walk rounds of the site to identify any facility asset deterioration and report, repair as needed and be first line for any alterations or new equipment
- Ensure spares are identified and managed in line with materials required
- Perform planned maintenance work and manage contractors
- Ensure depot work packages exist including the production of risk assessments and job procedures for all activities. Maintain all contracted maintenance work records.
- Control incidents, preserve evidence and investigate until relieved or the investigation is concluded
- Be aware of and promote positive Health and Safety activities; Investigate all near miss reports
Skills and qualifications needed to succeed in this role
- City & Guilds or BTEC National qualification or equivalent in a mechanical/electrical engineering discipline
- Proven experience in plant and facilities maintenance
- Electrical wiring competency in accordance with the current amendment of BS 7671:2008
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Experience in fault finding, knowledge of IT and the ability to understand and interpret drawings and wiring diagrams is necessary
- Driving licence as the ability to travel to outstation sites is essential
- Background in managing of contractor resource
- Advanced Health & Safety knowledge – understanding of the relevant legislation and in particular experience of carrying out risk assessments
- Gas Safety registered
- Basic understanding of plumbing
- Experience of maintaining air conditioning units
- IOSH Managing safely to be able produce and approve depot work packages
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time