Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an EHS Specialist 3. This position is located in Knoxville, TN.
This is a role well suited for an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a EHS Specialist 3, you will be responsible for:
· Maintaining site related EHS permits, licenses and registrations
· Preparation and submittal of all environmental, health and safety regulatory & company required reports
· Investigating accidents and incidents, determine root causes and implement corrective action plans
· Maintaining OSHA logs and associated documentation, manage worker’s compensation claims and return-to-work program
· Performing evaluations of existing and new processes to ensure all EHS requirements are being met and recommend improvements to eliminate, reduce or control waste, emissions, and hazards
· Conducting industrial hygiene (IH) surveys, job hazard analyses (JHA) and personal protective equipment (PPE) assessments
· Conducting ergonomic evaluations of office and manufacturing work environments
· Collaborating with the facilities team to manage the Contractor Safety Program
· Conducting compliance and management system assessments
· Developing EHS training courses for Siemens Molecular Imaging locations
· Leading site Emergency Response Team and EHS Committee
· Maintaining site chemical inventory and SDS database
· Maintaining environmental regulatory compliance activities including, but not limited to hazardous waste handling and reporting, SARA 312 Hazardous Material Reporting, SARA 313 Toxic Release Inventory Reporting
· Providing technical guidance to management regarding environmental, health and safety related issues or concerns, and regulatory compliance
· Serving as the EHS Product Related Environmental, Health and Safety Protection (PREP) Lead
· Interfacing with external EHS regulatory agencies
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification, Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM) certification or equivalent
· Experience working with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Environmental and Occupational Safety Management Systems
· Forklift train-the trainer certification
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental Science, or related discipline
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in EHS Program Management
· Working knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations and industry EH&S standards
· Strong knowledge in electrical safety and high voltage including OSHA and NFPA 70E compliance
· Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
· Strong writing capabilities, especially with writing clear, concise EHS procedures
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
· Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
· Must be able to interface with all levels of the organization
· Travel up to 25% when necessary
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.