The position reports to the Global Foot Print Facilities Manager within DI SW Business Unit. Ideal candidate will be responsible for environmental health and safety (EHS) services to DI SW and address EHS issues to ensure DI SW offices can continue to operate without disruption. Ensure compliance with Siemens corporate and DI SW EHS policies. Recruit volunteers to establish an EHS network that will execute all EHSMS processes on a local level. Mitigate and manage hazards and EHS risks and their impact. You will be the global point of contact for any EHS issues that require input, consultancy, resolution or escalation. In this role you will implement, and administer the environmental health and safety management system (EHSMS) and its associated programs within the DI SW portfolio.
- Develop, retain and maintain documented information to support the sustainability of the EHSMS
- Escalation criteria
- Deficiency resolution methodology
- Report templates
- Successfully deploy the EHSMS throughout DI SW locations globally.
- Execute the deployed management system at the prescribed schedule:
- Conduct inspections and audits, monitor for deficiencies, and pursue resolution
- Track deficiency resolution and compliance
- Help maintain EHS Corporate compliance activities
- Collect data to prepare and submit EHS corporate reports
- Interface with the DI SW EHS officer
- Help DI SW EHS officer represent DI SW in EHS matters to the rest of Siemens
- Search, identify and arrange for EHSMS required training classes
- Using corporate EHS tools for reporting as well as to track overall EHS type requests submitted within the organization.
- Provide training on the tools as necessary.
- Manage SLA’s setup with external Vendors/Siemens RC EHS group
- Contribute to the Continuous improvement of the EHSMS
- Participate and lead EHS teams and committees as required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Environmental Sciences or Health and Safety
- 5+ years of working with ISO 14001, and ISO 45001 or OHSAS 18001 Standards. Expertise in applying the standards to office environments
- 3-5 Years of executing EHSMS in multi-site international environments
- Experience implementing business centric policies and procedures based on the standards for a non-manufacturing environment
- Able to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to get work done through a network of volunteers
- Ability to influence decision makers through well founded presentations and discourse
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Well-developed writing skills, especially when creating clear and concise procedures
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Position requires up to 20% travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.