As a Strategic Buyer in an established Rolling Stock procurement operation, you will work independently or in collaboration with Commodity Managers, Quality Management and Engineering to source material and select suppliers to ensure best quality, best schedule, and best price. We will rely on your outstanding negotiation skills, attention to detail and problem-solving to create value and support key metrics such as lead-time, cost savings, and processing times. In this role, you will drive performance with our suppliers, collaborate with internal teams and make your mark within a team that is focused on succeeding and making an impact.
- Implement Commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials.
- Analyze price trends and for material, commodities, and suppliers to aid in negotiations or support development of commodity strategy.
- Prepare and conduct negotiations to obtain highest feasible savings, utilizing RFQs and electronic platforms for e-Auctions and e-Biddings.
- Actively lead your cross-functional counterparts to troubleshoot issues related to material demand, Purchase Order placement, supplier confirmation or price-related invoice issues.
- Manage Purchase Orders for critical suppliers either through First Article Inspection or during a critical period when close management of supplier is necessary.
- Maintain, generate, document, and implement savings to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent.
- Contribute to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process and Procurement policy), ensuring all system data is kept accurate for proper planning and reporting.
- Executes Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification,
selection, evaluation, onboarding)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas
- 5+ years of work experience in procurement preferred in Rolling Stock or in manufacturing environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent knowledge of SAP
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Rolling Stock experience
- Manufacturing experience
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.