Here is an opportunity to be part of one of the leading companies in Overhead Contact Line design. Do you carry a passion about sustainable transportation and are you a Structural or Mechanical engineer ready for new opportunities?
Then you are the one we are looking for, as we now have an open position as Overhead Catenary Design Engineer in our highly specialised and dedicated engineering team in the Rail Electrification Group of Siemens Mobility, Denmark.
At Siemens Mobility, we deliver transport and logistic solutions to ensure a reliable and sustainable infrastructure. Solutions that can handle the challenges from increasing traffic in the larger cities and airports as a consequence of the rising urbanization.
We employ a large number of specialists that work with solutions to the Danish transport sector as well as projects aboard. You read more about us here
Right now, we are looking for an Overhead Contact Engineer, to be part of a key organisation within Siemens Mobility; our Rail electrification group. In Rail Electrification, we span across power systems, overhead catenary systems and ensure reliability, availability, maintainability and safety on railway systems.
You will join the Overhead Catenary System (OCS) Team which is an international engineering group supporting all rail projects within Siemens Mobility. The OCS team consist of engineers skilled in catenary design, support during execution, commissioning, as-build documentation and quality assurance of rail electrification projects.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Basic and detailed designing of Overhead Contract Line (OCL)
- Catenary layout design
- Construction design preparation for installation
- Design analysis of feeding and sectioning diagram
- Cantilever and dropper calculations
- Review of technical documentation and drawings
- Design and dimensioning of OCL supporting structures
- Catenary system principle development
- Coordinate and drive successful deliveries of design documentation
- Collaboration with client and consortium partner
- Maintain a trustful and good relationship with development engineers in Denmark and Germany
The qualifications you possess.
- You hold a bachelor or master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Alternatively, you are educated within rail tech combined with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- You have solid designing experience and are able to deal with complex design challenges.
- You are skilled in CAD software, MS Office. Microstation, Excel and structural tools will be an advantage.
- You are fluent in English and Danish, both orally and in writing.
- It will be desirable that you have knowledge in Overhead catenary systems and The Danish railway standards.
Join the team
You will be a part of Siemens Mobility A/S, located in 2750 Ballerup, and we are an open and dynamic workplace where employee development is high on the agenda. We have interesting career possibilities in an international work environment with lots of interesting challenges. Our success is based on our skilled and innovative employees, using their curiosity and high professional competences to create new knowledge and participate in answering some of the toughest questions in the world.
We prioritize our employee’s wellbeing and health and offer many employee benefits such as fitness facilities and we focus on creating a flexible working environment in Siemens Mobility.
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Rail. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now!
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Meet your future workplace here.
Deadline for applications: The 31st of April, but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as we invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.
If you have any question or need further information about the position, please contact Group Lead Heidi Skytte Larsen at Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact TA Partner Stine Kruse at email@example.com