Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in an international and cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
The Web Application group is responsible to provide professional application services to our users of Siemens Mobility worldwide. We support our business units by managing the services for different web applications, both internally and externally hosted (Software as a Service).
Your task is to support the continuous service for a set of different applications. This includes solving customer issues, directly communicate with the user community as well as enhancing the existing services by collecting and refining requirements. Continuous monitoring of processes, fast intervention and a high awareness of all current issues are key elements of successful operation and high user satisfaction.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- As part of our ITIL based service team, you will be responsible for the operation of our IT managed applications Rulestream, Mantis and Chatbots by managing and solving tickets, requests and changes from our business.
- You will systematically log and process tickets from end users.
- You regularly monitor the application and proactively prevent performance or security issues.
- You are responsible to create and maintain the service documentation and regularly update the knowledge base.
- You will support setting up enhancements to our services and take over the service responsibility according to service level agreements.
- You will create and track tickets to our infrastructure provider and 3rd level support.
- You will act as administrator for specific applications to maintain them.
- Furthermore, you will support and perform development and design tasks with emphasis on programming, customizing, testing and maintenance of applications.
- You will also support to operate future applications in conjunction with our internal and external business partners.
Your qualifications – well-founded and adequate
- You have successfully finished studies in computer science or electrical engineering or a comparable qualification with corresponding additional skills.
- Alternatively, you have already long experiences and training as an IT specialist and have already gained many years of subject-specific professional experience.
- You have excellent knowledge on ITIL processes, especially Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- You know how to analyze change requests and create specifications out of them.
- You are familiar with the administration of Windows- and Linux/Unix-based environments.
- You have a good understanding of SQL databases, as you can analyze and create SQL queries.
- Ideally, some knowledge of Apache, PHP, HTML, CSS is preferred.
- In addition, you have basic knowledge of infrastructure (i.e. AWS, cloud systems).
- You are familiar working in a service team, ideally with ITIL knowledge.
- Basic knowledge in web security and cyber security.
- Documentation and maintaining of knowledge bases.
- You are willing to travel several weeks to Europe.
- If you also have fluent knowledge of Business English (Level C1), are highly self-motivated and are able to think in a customer-oriented way, then you are qualified to join us in our team!
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time