- Investigate and prioritize relevant research topics for the AppDev unit. Based on company and unit level priorities, ongoing alignment with product managers, product designers and service designers, and your own proactive suggestions, you create and own the research roadmap for the AppDev unit.
- Define, scope, plan, and conduct user experience research. Based on research priorities, you define the scope and research questions, select the appropriate method(s), and create a plan for your research. You align on participant recruitment criteria with your stakeholders and the Research Operations Specialist. When conducting research, you always try to include others: you invite stakeholders to observe fieldwork, or empower others to do research.
- Synthesise and share compelling insights that inform both product strategy and product design decisions. You are comfortable making trade offs between diving deep into your data, or delivering quick insights. You communicate your research results to your direct stakeholders in the AppDev unit, but always try to keep a wider audience in mind. You effectively use different channels (e.g. Slack, our User Insight Guild) to create awareness for your research and insights.
- Contribute to maturing, expanding and improving our research practice. Research is a new discipline at Mendix, and within the Product Design team. This means that our research team is constantly making an effort to becoming more mature and improving our impact. Examples vary from small and practical (creating templates for research plans, interview guides, etc.) to more fundamental (creating a universal tagging structure, to be used across projects).
- Foster collaboration with other disciplines. We truly believe that collaborating cross-disciplines is essential in making an impact. Therefore we expect you to (proactively) foster collaboration with other disciplines: collaboration with product analysts to creating solid insights, collaboration inside and outside R&D in order to tap in to other data sources, but also build strong relationships with product designers, service designers, product managers and the engineering teams in AppDev
- 5+ years in a user experience research role at a software-focused company or equivalent experience
- Broad experience in generating insights from cutting edge quantitative and qualitative research methods, and using techniques like context mapping
- Demonstrated experience researching applications designed to serve multiple user profiles who operate in complex environments
- A proven track record of shipped products driven by research insights
- Degree in HCI, Psychology, Anthropology, Social Science, or a related field
- You apply by means of a CV, cover letter, and sharing a challenging research project and how you approached this
- One of our recruiters will give you a call. In this call they can tell you more about Mendix and our company culture, and check if you would fit with the culture.
- This is followed by an interview with the design and research management.
- The final step is a portfolio presentation: you get to present yourself and your work to the team and unit you will be working wit.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time