Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go we make sure it makes its way.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a Security Expert and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution – our drive to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.What part will you play
- A successful Red Team consultant at Siemens should possess a deep understanding of both information security and computer science. They should understand basic concepts such as networking, applications, and operating system functionality and be able to learn advanced concepts like application manipulation, exploit development, and stealthy operations.
- This is not a “press the ‘pwn’ button” type of job; this career is technical and challenging with opportunities to work in some of the most exciting areas of security consulting
- A typical job could be breaking into a segmented secure zone in an enterprise network, reverse engineering an application and encryption method in order to gain access to sensitive data, all without being detected.
- If you can exploit at scale while remaining stealthy, identify and exploit misconfigurations in network infrastructure, parse various types of output data, present relevant data in a digestible manner, think well outside the box, or are astute enough to quickly learn these skills, then you’re the type of consultant we’re looking for.
- You will be faced with problem-solving opportunities and hands-on testing opportunities daily.
- The objective doesn’t end at gaining “domain admin” or “root”; this is encouraged and is only a starting point.
- You are encouraged to quickly assimilate new information as you will face new environments on a periodic basis.
- You will be encouraged to understand all the threat vectors to each environment and accurately assess them.
- Perform network penetration, web and mobile application testing, threat analysis, wireless network assessments, and social-engineering assessments. Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences.
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- We need a Graduate - B. Tech / BE (preferably CSE or ECE) / MCA / Master’s degree in any branch of engineering with 3 to 5 years of experience in at least three of the following:
- Mobile and/or web application assessments
- Email, phone, or physical social-engineering assessments
- Shell scripting or automation of simple tasks using Perl, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, etc.
- Strong knowledge of tools used for wireless, web application, and network security testing
- Detailed understanding of network protocols, data on the wire, and covert channels
- Developing applications in C#, ASP, .NET, Objective C, Go, or Java (J2EE)
- Reverse engineering malware, data obfuscators or ciphers
- Source code review for control flow and security flaws
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, including bash and PowerShell.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time