The Engineering Support Specialist will be responsible for the creation of, and support of engineering part entries, drawing and documentation standards.
This person will maintain the Engineering parts database. This includes processing new part requests, assigning UL information, creating new schematic symbols, SAP entry and assigning component data sheets.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Creating and maintaining standards for Schematics and Wiring Diagrams as well as System Descriptions and Bill of Materials.
• Provides support and training to others within the Engineering department.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and management.
• Provide an estimated completion schedule for every project and assignment.
• Complete all projects in a timely manner.
• Participates in the continuous improvement of the department or group standards.
• Involved in the development and maintenance of process and workflow systems for Engineering and other departments (Sales, Mechanical, Programming, Purchasing, etc.).
• Degree in Electrical Engineering (or Applicable field) or equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience.
• Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
• Experience in the design of electrical power control circuits.
• Experience with CAD Software (AutoCad, Promis∙e, Zuken E3), Microsoft Word, Excel, Access.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.