Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Monitor security alerts in SOC for various IT and OT assets within either 9x5 or 24x7 operational environments
- Perform manual triaging of triggered alerts to identify potential security incidents and threats
- Document true positives and initiate incident response as needed
- Perform host and network data collection for incident response and forensics
- Analyze collected evidence and reach objective conclusions
- Lead individual stages of incident response as needed
- Collaborate efficiently with internal and external stakeholders
- Document incident response workflow
- Compile post-incident report and present investigation report as required
- Support special security and compliance requirements of external parties
- Ability to independently run threat hunting and security assessments is an asset
- Network administration skills will be considered as strong asset
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area required
- 2 - 5 years of hands-on information security experience in an enterprise environment
- Detailed familiarity with information security fundamentals and incident response process
- Additional cybersecurity certifications
- Experience with automating processes using shell scripting and programming languages such as Python is an asset
- Problem solver with good analytical abilities who tackles challenges with a strong hands-on and can-do attitude
- Strong stakeholder management skills to have urgent topics addressed in a timely manner
- Previous experience of network administration in an enterprise environment such as static routing, IPSEC and SSL VPNs, L3 switches, network firewalls, application proxies, implementation of various security controls following defense-in-depth concept will be considered a strong asset
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.