The Master Scheduler – Order Engineering is responsible for developing and maintaining Engineering schedules, Engineering labor inventory and workload capacity to maximize resource allocations and drive on-time delivery targets. Assess and recommend resource allocations, based on data trends, lean techniques and scheduling needs to meet customer expectations and financial goals.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Responsible for the overall Order Engineering scheduling for Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear and Automatic Transfer Switch custom engineered products. The Order Engineering groups include Electrical Design, Mechanical Design, and Automation Programming.
• Develop schedules, monitor workload capacity and backlog. Optimize engineering resources to ensure that customer expectations, deadlines and internal financial goals are met.
• Create, maintain, and post reports for Engineering task on time delivery reliability by product line and individual worker.
• Plan and provide milestone dates working closely with the Engineering Managers and Supervisors, Production Master Schedulers and Inside Sales personnel to meet customer commitments.
• Develop and maintain the Master Schedule for Engineering and ensure data reflects updates in real-time.
• Facilitate Order Engineering planning meetings as needed to ensure successful communication and execution to meet customer expectations and financial goals.
• Partner with Purchasing, Sales, and Production to ensure that engineering release packages are available as needed during the production process to meet the customer commitment delivery dates.
• Support the Sales & Operations Planning process meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, plans to meet demand, and resource implications.
• Work with Engineering Managers and Supervisors to develop weekly capacity models to drive execution to plan, full utilization of engineering resources, while minimizing overtime and meeting on time delivery targets. Also coordinate and synchronize action plan of Engineering groups to resolve resource constraints due to competing product demands.
• Assess and recommend resource allocations, in-house / offshore of engineering to service up / down swings in demand.
• Coordinate customer change requests with Engineering Managers & Supervisors, Inside Sales and Production. Work with Engineering Managers & Supervisors to determine the impact of proposed customer changes on the Engineering Master Schedule.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Materials Management, Business Administration or related discipline.
• 10+ years of as a Master Scheduler or in an Engineering planning preferably in a design and Make-To-Order capital equipment environment.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data, determine trends, developing action plans and make sound decisions.
• Good organizational skills, detail oriented, able to establish priorities and complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines.
• Practical knowledge of Lean Office/Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement processes.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suites, and skilled with data manipulation in Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to extract data from SAP enterprise management system.
• Experience with Office Scheduling Kanban software like Monday.com.
• Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical parts, assemblies, drawings, bills of materials and Industry Standards.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.