Siemens Mobility is a separately
managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than
160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core
areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems,
intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization,
Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make
infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire
lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal
year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility
Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees
worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
The Siemens Mobility division has an exciting opportunity for an Software Design Engineer to join our Siemens Mobility MRX team, based at our Belmont office in Perth.
Siemens Mobility MRX are expanding our engineering teams to tackle a growing project portfolio, and currently seek Australian based applicants who will report to our Head of Infrastructure Measurement and work with a great team of engineers to design and realise product design solutions for rail infrastructure measurement systems. The products are developed through the whole PLM lifecycle, from conceptualisation and bids through to maintenance and decommissioning.
Areas of responsibility
- Designs and engineers the solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer and product.
- Defines the products, components and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
- Configures the components and systems of the solution according to the requirements.
- Develops detailed solutions for the integration to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit.
- Is responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation. May minister the executing units (e.g. manufacturing, procurement, logistics).
Skills & Experience
We seek motivated, enthusiastic and details-oriented engineers with a desire to see their work featured in deployed systems.
Required skills and experience:
- 1 – 5 years working experience in software design engineering, for projects or products
- Experience with C++ and/or C#/ASP.Net/SQL
- Experience with Unix based operating systems (QNX is desirable)
- Knowledge of test driven software design principals (V-Model Verification and Validation)
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and products and drive these to completion
- Multi-discipline team approach, having worked with electrical and software engineers to achieve a common goal
- Practical application skills & temperament relevant to solution prototyping in office, lab & occasional site work environments
- Experience in system troubleshooting, commissioning, fault finding, and debugging
- Strong oral & written English language communication skills
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with Jenkins, CMake, gcc
- Experience with MISRA C Development guidelines or other SIL software development projects (CENELEC EN 50128 or equivalent)
- Experience developing to cybersecurity requirements (IEC 62443)
- Exposure to Big Data
- Experience working effectively in a culturally diverse environment
- Site commissioning & acceptance testing experience
- Familiarity with ISO9001 quality management systems
- Enterprise Requirements Planning software systems (e.g Oracle, SAP) familiarity
If you have the passion and determination to be involved in a team creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for international customers and have the drive to see these solutions implemented and supported, this may present a unique full-time opportunity.
Benefits & Culture – Including, but not limited to:
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Relaxed office culture
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. This position is only open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time