The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Maintenance Personnel.
Role Overview :
Position holder will be in charge for Management and supervision of the personnel working within the Buildings mechanical systems (HVAC, Plumping, Fire Fighting)
What are my responsibilities ?
- Prepare the maintenance procedure and sequence plan for the HVAC, Fire Fighting and Pluming systems.
- Carry out the required preventive and Corrective maintenance for the mechanical systems.
- Prepare the list of the required spare parts for the mechanical systems.
- Prepare the list of the consumable materials required for the PM & CM.
- Coordinate with technical manager and procurement team for spar parts and consumable purchase.
- Making sure that the required tools are available.
- Managing team of team of 4-10 technicians
- Coordinate with planning team for closing and opening the work orders.
- Work closely with other supervisors in the department
- Carryout training for the technicians
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Or a Diploma in a technical field with minimum 5 years of work experience
- 3 years’ Experience in a supervisory role, preferably in building services maintenance (FM Supervisor)
- Driving Licenses
- Personal computer and general office software
- Usage of CMMS software (e.g. MAXIMO)
- Usage of Tools including of special tools, equipment and machines commonly used in the maintenance section
- Is in good physical condition
- Has a good command of both the spoken and written English language
- Has a good understanding of analytical and investigative principles and procedures
- Has a leadership ability
- Team player, results orientated with high attention to detail
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time