In strategic purchasing for electronics, we are a globally positioned team of 10 commodity managers with a focus on cross-functional cooperation. We maintain open and targeted communication with each other as well as with our interface partners. Due to your experience and up-to-date knowledge of information and trends on technology, market and supply situation, which you draw from external as well as internal sources, you can always support the teams you work with in a solution-oriented manner and convince them with innovative ideas. You are the first point of contact for our business segments and plants.
What will be your main responsibilities?
- You are prepared to take responsibility for a commodity in the field of electronics of complete drives and motors portfolio with a purchasing volume of up to € 100 million, to actively develop and optimize the material field and to adapt it to the requirements of the business and the market in an agile manner.
- You will develop and implement long-term material field strategies for the global motion control purchasing volume in the area of your commodities and increase the added value by bundling the purchasing volume within of complete drives and motors portfolio as well as other business units of Siemens AG; furthermore, you will optimize the material productivity by effectively using all procurement levers. You ensure the involvement of purchasing in all projects at the earliest possible stage.
- You will also manage and maintain a global virtual network of sites and cross functions to share best practices and ensure prompt information flow.
- You will also ensure an excellent, leading-edge supplier base and support world-class SCM processes to ensure productivity, quality, delivery reliability and innovation, including escalation and claim management.
- You will develop the supplier base in terms of supplier qualification and development as well as overall supplier relationship management. In doing so, you will draw on the results of market analyses and consider the latest market trends. You will succeed in securing Motion Control a prime position with our suppliers as well as expanding or, if necessary, establishing contacts at the management level of the suppliers. To this end, you are in constant contact with our suppliers.
- You ensure transparency through data and controls as well as reports on relevant purchasing key figures in the assigned commodities and implement cross-functional award decisions taking into account the total costs and strategy and you are coordinated with your interface partners for this purpose
- You have a degree in business administration with a clear technical affinity or, alternatively, a technical degree with a good business background.
- You have already gained many years of experience in strategic purchasing - preferably in electronics. You have already conducted contract negotiations independently. You are business fluent in English and German.
- Personally, you convince us with your ability to lead and motivate global virtual teams - your intercultural sensitivity and communication skills support you in this.
- In addition, you are used to moving confidently at senior management level and to preparing and presenting information in a way that is suitable for the respective audience.
- Your ability to build a resilient network is based on your communication skills and social competence. You draw valuable information from this network, which you bring to complete drives and motors portfolio and know, how to use in your relationship with our external partners.
- For this position, we would like a candidate with strong learning ability who perceives this step as a career move; this position offers you strong visibility.
If your mindset continues to be entrepreneurial and cross-functional - we'd like to meet you!
We also offer!
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, home office and company nursery school in Prague for work life balance
- an individual budget of 48,000 CZK, which you can turn into a combination of up to 8 days of extra holidays, cafeteria points or pension and / or life insurance
- e-voucher card - you can use for paying in stores like Tesco, Albert
- possibility to become a Siemens shareholder and get free stocks
- various discounts and offers
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time