At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking an advanced software engineer to contribute to the development of Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a highly scalable, general purpose, multi-physics application that provides an end-to-end user experience with integrated CAD, meshing, physics modeling and in situ post processing tools.
This opening is part of the Core Framework team. This team’s responsibilities include both the C++-based server-side as well as Java-based client-side infrastructure. This opening is focused on the design and implementation of new features and refactor existing code in the Java client in order to support additional functionality, better performance and improved user workflows. A successful candidate is expected to maintain quality and backward compatibility while making large-scale changes to existing software.
This position reports to the Manager of the Core Framework team as part of the Software Framework division of the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Platform department.
- Collaborate closely as part of a large, distributed team of developers, testers, and managers.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team conference calls to contribute ideas to drive innovation in our technology, and to communicate project status.
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, GitLab and BitBucket..
- Participate in peer-based code and design reviews.
- Participate in root cause analysis.
- Design, create and document high-quality, extensible software.
- Navigate a large code base containing hundreds of modules and millions of lines of code.
- Travel when necessary (up to 3%) to collaborate with other teams.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience.
- Master’s degree or commensurate experience in computer science, engineering, mathematics, information science (or foreign equivalent) or related field with 3+ years of professional experience progressive, post-academic experience in software design and development. OR, a Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of post-baccalaureate experience
- Programming experience in Java client development in Swing / NetBeans (framework not IDE) or a similar framework
- Application development with large-scale datasets and stringent performance and quality requirements
- Navigating large, legacy code bases
- Developing a scientific or engineering software application
- Using a distributed version control system such as Git
- Issue management using Jira or a comparable system
- Facility with modern IDEs
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews (Git, BitBucket, IDE’s, etc.)
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and to present data concisely
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Familiarity with both Linux & Windows
- Programming experience in modern C++
- Programming experience in web applications
- Expertise in Physics and Mathematics
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time