Are you passionate about creating new software functionalities? Interested in the combination of cloud engineering and autonomous driving assistance? We would like you to strengthen our team! Create new functionality for our Prescan software suite and make a difference!
As part of our Agile scrum team you will design and develop the cloud capabilities of Simcenter Prescan as an integrated solution. This team has the mission to allow end users to exploit the power of parallel simulation with cloud-based platforms. Currently we are targeting Microsoft Azure, but we also have plans to expand to Amazon Web Services and Tencent. Offering Prescan as a cloud-enabled product will allow our customers to run a massive number of ADAS simulations e.g. with various sensor parameters, weather conditions, or control algorithms. They can then optimize the design of the entire ADAS system using a smart tool set of reporting capabilities.
In this role you will closely work with other software engineers to design and implement new functionalities. You will be able to use and expand your Object Oriented (OO) development skills. A keen eye for high-quality software development techniques is needed to be successful. We work with state-of-the-art tools to increase productivity and quality of our software.
Simcenter Prescan is a mature and wide-spread simulation platform for virtual development and validation of active safety and (Highly) Automated Driving systems. It offers high-fidelity simulation models of all sensors relevant for automated driving, and a simulation environment for virtual testing of algorithms for autonomous braking, lane keeping and accident avoidance, but you already know that 😉
Requirements & personality
We are looking for a great teammate with an analytical approach, willing to pick up new challenges, someone who is pragmatic, result oriented and inventive regarding complex problems.
- MSc or BSc with more than 2 years of experience in software development;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure. MS Azure AZ-303, AZ-304 certificates are a plus
- Hands-on experience with Linux
- Good knowledge of container technologies such as Docker and orchestrators like Kubernetes
- Knowledge of AWS and/or Tencent is a plus
- Knowledge of Terraform, Packer and Ansible, and of Node.js and Typescript.
- Version control tools such as Git, GitLab, Mercurial.
- Thorough understanding of coding best practices.
- Knowledge and use of UML for architecture and design purposes, and of coding best practices.
- Working experience with the Atlassian tool suite (i.e. Jira Agile, FishEye) or similar.
- A challenging job within a fast growing, and stable company;
- Next to your gross monthly salary, a 13th month and 8% holiday allowance;
- The development of our employees is important for us, we expect you to grow and learn;
- Compensation for commuting by car or public transport, if necessary, but we are currently all working from home (in The Netherlands) . We hope to get back to the office soon, at least parttime;
- Your work/life balance is important for us we offer ample vacation days.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future.. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital Minds world of Siemens here.
An online screening will be part of our hiring process.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Netherlands B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time