As a member of the customs compliance IMEX team, the individual will facilitate transactional support for US imports and exports. Position to report to Manager of Customs Compliance.
- Ensure full compliance and timely clearance for import transactions, including issuance of clearance instructions, monitoring, record keeping and auditing.
- Ensure full compliance for export transactions, including the review of export documentation, execution of export license determination, issuance of shipper's letter of instruction, filing of Electronic Export Information and record retention.
- Interface with customs brokers, business contacts, suppliers, and service providers to ensure consistency with defined import and export processes.
- Identify areas for process improvements, possible solutions and engage in implementation of such improvements
- Support all executions of audit programs for US Regulatory Compliance as it relates to US Customs import and export related matters
- Review/approve Census Errors, AD/CVD determinations, Correction to Entries, Owner’s Declaration statements, etc. as needed
- Maintain procedures and working instructions relevant to the import and export processes.
- This role requires strong interpersonal attributes including high ethical standards, strong organizational and communication skills, high attention to detail, highly self-motivated and a team player.
Free Trade Agreement Programs:
- Primarily responsible for supporting Preferential Certificate of origin analysis for designated Siemens division’s exports. Tasks which include:
- Timely responding to Siemens divisions internal or external request for preferential certificates of origin
- Conduct the necessary analysis, including Bill of Material review, supplier supporting certifications etc. to determine qualification under the Rules of Origin prior to issuance of preferential certificates of origin
- Ensure compliance with record keeping requirements in support of preferential certificates of origin
Support in the utilization of Mendix for Siemens supplier Preference Certificate Solicitation process. These supporting functions to include: - Conducting annual preferential certificate solicitation campaigns
- On-going system improvement efforts and corresponding testing
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate Process documentation
- Interphase with 3rd party GTM provider where needed
- Support 520(d) and other FTA post importation refund claims processes in compliance with the regulations and by working closely with the Siemens U.S. Governance team.
- Assist in ensuring Company’s compliance with U.S. laws governing import, export, and trade agreement activities as it pertains to the usage of Duty Optimization.
- Collaborates with the Siemens U.S. Customs Governance team in external and internal audits by Siemens, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and other gov’t agencies.
- Interface and collaboration with Siemens divisions, locations, subsidiaries, and IMEX regarding Free Trade Agreements and other preferential programs.
- Stays informed and abreast of Free Trade Agreements and Preferential trade changes and works closely with management to determine impact to the Siemens divisions he/she is responsible for.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
1. Licensed Customs Broker is a non-negotiable requirement; needed to sign free trade agreements.
2. Bachelor’s degree
3. 5+ years of direct experience with reviewing, preparing, and processing import entries and export shipments, i.e. brokerage.
4. Advanced knowledge of trade preferences (such as USMCA), duty minimizing programs (such as US Goods Returned), valuation regulations, and Rules of Origin.
5. In depth knowledge of 19 CFR, US HTS, and General Rules of Interpretation.
6. Proficient in MS Excel database to include data analytics, Visio, MS Work, and Power Point Presentations.
7. Effective analytical and problem-solving skills; able to identify elements of complex situations and implement effective actions
8. Hands-on Experience with SAP.
9. Experience with Thomson-Routers OneSource Global Trade Management Tool preferred.
10. Ability to work independently.
11. Strong collaboration skills.
12. Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.