Who are we?
We at Siemens Mobility are committed to helping our customers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately for mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge transportation technologies and services – we don’t stop there. We are also deeply invested in our worldwide employees with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry.
Today, Siemens Mobility in Saudi Arabia is looking to hire an experienced EHS Officer to join our team in Riyadh.
- Ensure that the corporate EHS Policy is introduced for and followed by all employees and suppliers’ employees within his/her sphere of activity.
- Ensure that EHS is regarded as a fundamental responsibility and is given the same priority as all the project and other business activities.
- Ensure that employees and suppliers undertake their activities in accordance with the requirements of the EHS Manual/EHS Plan, in his/her area of responsibility.
- Record and document risk assessments that are appropriate to the activities undertaken in his/her area of responsibility.
- Implement control measures which are defined in the risk assessments and are appropriate for the activities undertaken in his/her area of responsibility.
- Develop and implement safe work methods for the activities undertaken in his/her area of responsibility.
- Providing sufficient information and reporting to EHS Manager to measure the overall performance versus the targets set.
- Ensure that all employees in his/her area of responsibility are medically fit to perform the tasks assigned to them. Usable records shall be kept.
- If necessary, issue EHS instructions to employees and suppliers’ employees and keep usable records.
- Provide induction training for employees and suppliers’ employees working in his/her area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all employees and employees of external companies in his/her area of responsibility are given adequate and continuous supervision, particularly where young, inexperienced employees are concerned.
- Ensure that all accidents and near misses are reported and that reporting is in accordance with the requirements of the company’s accident and incident procedures.
- Respond promptly to reports of defects in equipment, protection or safety systems which pose a potential health and safety risk to employees or suppliers’ employees and ensure that unsafe equipment is withdrawn from use or its use prevented in some other way, until it can be restored to a safe condition or replaced.
- Maintain good standards of order and cleanliness in his/her area of responsibility.
- Ensure that proper social facilities are available for use by all employees and suppliers’ employees.
- Any accounts/statements relating to EHS matters made by employees or suppliers’ employees are taken seriously.
- On being notified that an employee or a supplier’s employee has located a substance of which he/she has no prior knowledge or training, the necessary steps are immediately taken to ensure safe use/disposal by approved, licensed organizations.
- Conduct regular safety inspections in his/her area of responsibility, prepare inspection reports accordingly and take the necessary action to solve problems that are identified and to prevent a recurrence.
- Duties and responsibility for emergencies such as:
- Ensure that a fire risk assessment is undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Ensure that sufficient numbers of emergency wardens are present at all times
- Ensure that the emergency wardens give all personnel an emergency training briefing.
- Maintain and publish a list of telephone numbers of organizations and individuals.
- Ensure that emergency procedures are regularly reviewed and updated, if necessary, e.g. names of emergency wardens and names of first aider’s are listed, escape routes are marked.
- Ensure that an evacuation package has been prepared, is available at reception and contains all Info needed for evacuation cases.
- Evaluate and arrange regular training and refresher training for the personnel.
- Check that all emergency equipment is regularly inspected and/or tested by competent persons.
- Request and retain inspection and test reports for all emergency equipment.
- Conduct regular inspections of the depots/stations.
- Support in conducting regular emergency drills. Decide in each case whether the safety representative and key personnel are to be notified of the drill.
Your Qualifications And Skills
- Only for Saudi Nationals
- Proper qualification preferred, bachelor’s Degree from reputable University / College
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in similar Business Field
- Certification on ISO 14001 and 45001 is a desirable.
- Minimum EHS certification: NEBOSH IGC, Bachelor’s Degree in OHS or NEBOSH Diploma is highly desirable
- Good knowledge International EHS standards, codes and industry practices
- Experience on operation & maintenance or construction projects such as infrastructures
- Good leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications is must requirements
- Availability to travel to the project site locations as necessary
What else do you need to know ?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Saudi Ltd
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time