Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, therapeutic, and molecular diagnostics while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Join our team at Siemens Healthineers as a Software Architect, Workforce Solutions.
As part of the global SkillSphere team, the Software Architect seeks at growing competitiveness of Siemens' Workforce Solutions products by crafting sustainable software systems. This position drives and guides a software architecture that allows a cost efficient and timely realization of the software with appropriate quality, even in the face of challenging and evolving business cases, requirements, realization technologies and other forces (e.g., strategic changes approaching the project).
You will ensure that the architecture satisfies partner requirements, allocate the various requirements to specific subsystem/components, ensure compliance with high-level decisions and monitor implementation to reduce architectural drift. You will need to have an overall understanding of the business and ensure that design decisions made align with the overall business goals.
• Ensures the implemented product adheres to the architecture and decisions made around the architecture
• Performs Software reviews and assessments
• Ensures the non-functional aspects of the products meet all required maintainability, usability, etc.
• Must have knowledge of each phase of the lifecycle and should be able to successfully lead and coach team members during each phase
• Guides very complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support of software.
• Develop and estimate software test requirements for modules under development, execute test specifications.
• Guides reviews of customers' standards specification to determine software engineering requirements.
• Guides the software quality process through the execution of very complex module, subsystem and system test procedures.
• Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or multi-functional problems.
• Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of software engineering to the successful completion of complex assignments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science; Electrical or Software Engineering preferred
• Advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of software engineering.
• Demonstrated experience learning an organization's business practices and issues faced and contributing to the resolution of those issues.
• 5+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Proven capability to improve SW development/ to support the setup of new development teams
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Advanced Degree preferred, Masters, PhD, or MBA. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience.
• Validated capability to mentor SW development and the use of development tools sets
• Very experienced with C/C++/ Java and various operating systems
• Technical knowledge of Azure or AWS
• Experience building large-scale enterprise software or SaaS products
• Understanding of Identity and Access Management technologies
• Experience in API development and Integration
• Some experience with SAP Integration
• Strong understanding of public cloud hosting solutions
• Experience with big data
• Quality assurance, testing, test automation, verification, validation
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry: standards, process and methods for mission critical digital health software
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.