Mid Market Sales Executive 1
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are seeking candidates with at least 1-3 years of prior software sales experience. Recent college grads with a technical background and a year of selling/selling support (could be from CO-OP), and a strong desire to break into professional sales are highly encouraged to apply as well. This position will focus heavily on prospecting and developing new opportunities from a list of underserved, inactive existing named accounts as well as targeted, newly named accounts within our Industrial Machinery and Heavy Equipment (IM/HE) Sales Vertical. As a Mid-Market Sales Executive, you will be working closely with our IM/HE sales support team in managing and completing complex sales-cycles, with a high level of exposure and presentation to our industry, prospects, and valued customers. You will be engaged in everything from prospecting, discovery, product presentations/demonstrations, in-market events, proposal generation, closing, and ongoing sales support and account growth. This role also has a unique opportunity to grow into an Enterprise Sales Executive.
The Sales Executive is an entry level sales role that directly interfaces with assigned, named accounts within the Industrial Machinery and Heavy Equipment spaces. The Sales Executive is responsible for heavy prospecting and growing the business within the account(s) to meet/exceed financial and business objectives. The Sales Executive will be responsible for achieving sales goals across 20 to 40 named, targeted accounts.
Responsible for generating revenue through existing customers and new business/account pursuits. Understands and sells solutions for high level business problems independently incorporating all Siemens Digital Industry Software (DISW) product lines. Establishes and maintains customer relationships at the line management level and with coaching at the senior management/executive levels.
DRIVE BUSINESS RESULTS
Meets/exceeds annual sales targets (revenue, bookings, billings, etc.), maximizes individual sales opportunities. Able to create effective proposals that link our solution to the customer business. Able to leverage our pricing, packaging and business models to maximize returns and unique business value. Effectively negotiates customer agreements.
Develops important and effective relationships within accounts including key Executives, translates customer challenges and opportunities into unique business value, ensures the Siemens DISW team delivers business value to the Account(s), builds effective account business plans and executes upon the plan, builds, maintains and grows opportunity pipeline within Account(s), uses sound call planning to drive business results and makes continuous improvement in moving Siemens PLM from vendor to trusted advisor all while embracing our Challenger-based sales methodology.
EXECUTES STRONG BUSINESS PRACTICES
Provides timely, accurate and detailed forecasts, effectively leverages chosen sales processes, tools and methodologies, provides effective internal information as requested, and constructs internal/external presentations in an effective and professional manner.
LEADS EXTENDED SALES TEAM
Coordinates, influences and orchestrates all of the appropriate resources for Account and/or Opportunity development, able to build and influence a global/ virtual team (sales, support and consulting), develops strong working relations across various industry sales teams and functions (finance, operations, division, etc.).
CONTRIBUES TO THE BROADER SIEMENS DISW TEAM
Makes contributions to Siemens DISW outside of Account(s)/territory; for example, participates on core team, brings new ideas into business and develops sales tools or new approaches.
- 1 to 3 years of sales, business development or presales experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent engineering, manufacturing, or technical sales or sales support experience
- Strong and verifiable communication skills
- Strong skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint and Tableau
- An understanding of organizational management is critical
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Collaborate and drive results with diverse teams across multiple internal and external organizations
- Formal and informal networking across company
- Ability to forge new relationships and build existing relationships with clients at mid and senior levels of management, as well as end users
- Self-motivated and possess strong initiative
- Ability to learn a new industry and technology quickly
- Ability to telecommute
- Some travel is required (once restrictions lifted)
- Strong, proven grasp of technology/solutions
- Familiarity with the Industrial Machinery and/or Heavy Equipment industries
- Experience in using Salesforce.com on a daily basis
- Experience w/ LinkedIn Navigator and other prospecting/relationship build tools
- Strong prospecting skills; demonstrated ability to “get the meeting”
- Ability to assess a customer’s needs in order to align the proper Siemens solution(s) and position our unique value proposition
- Demonstrated capability to be the trusted advisor for the client within new or existing customers at various organizational levels
- Challenger selling skills
- Demonstrated closing deal closing skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.