Do you want to learn how to integrate renewable energy and other emerging technologies in the electric grid? Here at Siemens, we have several development internship opportunities that will help foster your expertise in this industry provide you with a great experience to prepare you for your future career.
Siemens Digital Grid, PTI segment is seeking an -energy engineering intern to assist in renewable energy integration projects and related activities for clients such as power producers, independent system operators, and transmission providers to develop solutions for a zero carbon future . We have offices in the following cities for our interns to work from: Houston, Schenectady, NY, Minnetonka, Minnesota, Fairfax, VA, Foster City, California.
Potential experiences include
- Assist with Sr. Consultants in Application of power systems planning principles
- Technical data management in assistance to renewable energy interconnection requests
- Develop mathematical models for reliability assessment of electrical networks,
- Produce draft reports and presentations with study results for the review of supervisors
- Research and data gathering
What you can expect to gain from this internship opportunity?
- Understanding of the concepts behind solutions involving emerging technologies such as battery storage, hydrogen, etc
- Understanding of transmission planning concepts in the context of a low carbon regulatory requirement
- Get proficiency in the main grid simulation software tools utilized in today’s industry
- The opportunity to work with global industry experts and build your network of subject matter experts.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Power Systems Engineering
- GPA minimum of 3.0
- Familiarity with power system analysis tools and calculations is a plus
- Knowledge of transmission system planning
- Programming skills are preferred
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. With our positioning along the electrification value chain, we have know-how that extends from power generation to power transmission, from power distribution and smart grids to the efficient application of electrical energy.
With our outstanding strengths in automation, we’re well equipped for the future and the age of digitalization. It is an exciting time to be part of Siemens.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.