The Switchgear KB System Engineer will lead the development and maintenance of the manufacturing knowledge base (KB) for the Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear Product configurator. The system engineer works closely with the Sales KB Stewards, Product Development Engineers, Order Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers to ensure the correct manufacturing bills of materials are generated by the product configurator. Candidate should be able to work independently, be proactive in reaching out to users for feedback on ease of use of the configuration tool and take leadership role in implementing enhancements.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
In addition to serving as the manufacturing KB Steward the Systems engineer will also be responsible for the creation and proper documentation of existing and new standard designs and will have the following responsibilities.
• Create and Maintain product models (Knowledge Base) that optimizes alignment between product options, sales & manufacturing BOM and routing, while meeting the expected performance of end users such as Quotation Application Engineers and Order Engineers.
• Analyze, coordinate, and manage disparate requirements from Sales / Channel Users (intuitive User Interface flow during product selection), Engineering (ensuring valid selection combinations), Marketing (pricing, product literatures) and Operations (Make / Buy). Co-manage the implementation of such requirements in the configurator with the Sales KB Stewards as this role focuses on the manufacturing KB to ensure the necessary BOM and routing is generated to build the equipment.
• Review product list price / cost data from multiple sources and support maintenance of the data in configuration tools each fiscal year.
• Collaborate with a cross functional team from Quotation Application Engineering, Product Development, Product Management, Order Engineering, Manufacturing and Accounting in implementing KB enhancements to support PLM projects (new product introductions or obsolescence).
• Manage and communicate KB release plans in alignment with department and business unit objectives.
• Ensure efficient trouble shooting and timely problem resolution with minimal interruptions to business transactions.
• Completes evaluation and monitors configurator enhancements throughout all stages of Quality Cycle (proposal, definition, build, validation, roll-out and support). Ensure and enforce Engineering Change and Version Control for Knowledge Bases.
• Take lead in aligning with other development teams for efficient integration of Knowledge Bases with respective applications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Electrical Engineering or Applicable field) is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
What you will need:
• 5 to 8 years work experience in an Electrical Apparatus Make to Order Industry.
• Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills to support internal and external contacts within a multi-cultured environment.
• Solid understanding of Low and or Medium Voltage Switchgear Electrical and Mechanical design and the associated design and test standards such as IEEE, ANSI, NEMA, UL, OSHPOD etc..
• Good understanding of sales, engineering, logistics and manufacturing processes for configurable products in a Make–To-Order scenario.
• Complete understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes including bills of material and assembly routing.
• Experience with CAD and product data management systems (2D AutoCAD, Creo/Proe and Team Center preferred).
• General understanding of configurator tools and their components to manage pricing, multi-level bills of material, routing for complex configurable products.
• Strong logical reasoning skill.
• Experience with Materials resource planning systems (SAP preferred).
• Experience with Configure, Price, Quote tools is a plus.
• Experience with any programming language.
• General understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.