The Commercial Vehicles Senior Field Service Engineer will be responsible for supporting the global install base of Siemens AC drive systems for mining, electric fracking and battery electric bus OEMs. Our portfolio of solutions includes AC drives for electric rope shovels, draglines, haul trucks, buses and other battery electric vehicles.
In this role you will support the resolution of technical issues within the Commercial Vehicles product portfolio through remote and on-site support activities. This position will require field travel, domestic and international, to support our global install base of Siemens AC drive systems. This position will report directly to the Customer Service Manager for Commercial Vehicles, US.Responsibilities include:
- Provide expert customer support and troubleshooting via telephone, email, remote access software and site visits as the need arises
- Field commissioning of Siemens AC drive systems as the need arises
- Conduct site audits as required to analyze drive system condition
- Assist end users with drive system availability improvement programs
- Deliver AC drive system training classes in Siemens office and customer locations
- Update customer training material as required
- Prepare field service bulletins as required
- Technical support for Order Management team with part clarification questions as required
- Support drive system retrofit opportunities as technical lead for Commercial Vehicles
- Support Commercial Vehicles development projects as required
- Support Commercial Vehicles engineering team as required
- Support scheduled customer conference calls and web meetings as required
- Regular collaboration with other Siemens divisions and regional companies as required
- Bachelor's degree in Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or related electrical trade certifications.
- A minimum 10 years of field experience in supporting AC drive systems in the mining industry
- Ideal candidates will have proven understanding of Siemens AC drive systems for the mining industry including:
- GTO, IGBT and ELFA drive technologies
- SIBAS traction control unit (functionality and software logic)
- PLC and HMI interfaces with AC drive systems
- SIMATIC S7 experience
- MIDAS remote access
- Battery Electric Vehicle knowledge a plus
- Ability to interpret component specifications, assembly drawings, and electrical schematics
- Microsoft Office Suite, Team Center, Team Viewer, SAP, SharePoint
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.