Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
If you are an experienced Cloud developer and want to make a difference for tens of thousands of developers in our community, we have a opportunity for you! As a company, we’re in constant communication with our community, but we need your field experience to improve our product and take it to the next level.
Take the Mendix Developer Portal for example, there’s a need to help new developers discover the Mendix Platform, engage them with content and help tailored to their needs, and teach them to make beautiful applications. When you are using Mendix daily, you’ll be buzzing with ideas that can have a huge impact on our developer community.
And if we take a look at the Mendix Cloud Portal, the need for self-service, easy scalability and putting CI/CD in place is paramount. If you have experience administering Cloud application environments, you might have some ideas you can turn into real solutions here, on Mendix cloud, but also on 3rd party Cloud environments.
In the end, whichever part of our online platform you want to work on, we have enough challenges for you. If you have a vision on how the team and Mendix should move forward, we’d love to discuss these with you.
As a Software Developer for Backups in Mendix Cloud Platform you’ll help drive digital innovation by:
- Building, shipping and maintaining the user facing platform responsible for Mendix' successful cloud offering.
- Taking responsibility for the success our customers achieve with Mendix’ aPaaS platform.
- Your scope covers the tooling our customers use to manage, monitor and run their Mendix applications on the Mendix cloud and 3rd party clouds.
- Assuring all the platform runs smoothly in production because our customers use it for their mission critical production systems.
- Conquering technical challenges by finding innovative solutions. You'll have the opportunity to harness all your skills to make a difference in your role.
We’re looking for you if you have:
- 5+ years of software development experience in Java for backend
- experience building highly-scalable, highly-available, multi-region, and distributed systems and microservice architectures
- proven experience (at least 3 years) building cloud-based solutions. This would ideally be on AWS, but other clouds are fine too. AWS components that we use include: S3, RDS, Route 53, Kinesis, Lambda & SQS. You will be able to choose the right AWS tools to solve the task at hand
- proven experience building database driven applications and understand the impact of inefficient queries on an RDBMS
- good knowledge of Unix/Linux fundamentals
- a DevOps mindset: you build it, you run it
- a passion about code quality, and know how to lead by example: from a clean Git history, to well thought-out unit and integration tests.
Even better (but not essential!) if you have experience with:
- developing backup/restore tooling on public cloud platforms
- IaC tools such as Terraform, Puppet, or Ansible
- Containerisation technology and orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes/Docker & CloudFoundry
- CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins.
- Mendix low-code application development
- TDD & BDD and know when and when not to use it.
And as person you are:
- approachable, open minded
- an effective communicator and you like to be part of a team
- with great attitude where you walk the extra mile if needed
- strive for mastery in anything you do or own
- detailed oriented
- boundary less and take ownership
- a critical thinker
- creative and solution oriented.
Experience a culture like no other at Mendix
A culture where we’re focused on results – not “boxes” and “rules”, in a relaxed environment with the coolest office in Pune, at Balewadi High Street.
Where people take ownership and enjoy as much freedom as possible. This means there’s as little process as we can get away with, because we don't want to get in your way. We also strive to stay as flat as possible. Do you have an issue? Walk right into our CTO's office and bring it up.
Where everyone is appreciated for their skills and ideas, regardless of background or mother tongue, the flexibility to take care of a family, or to have a crazy hobby.
Monthly crafting days that allow you to explore side projects or try out cool new technologies and share our experiences with the rest of the organization.
We value the start-up culture that has brought us so much success. We are a tech company, not a project-oriented organization.
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time