Siemens Mobility is seeking to hire a Commercial Project Manager (CPM) responsible for all commercial aspects related to a customer contract (Project) beginning with the sales phase through the end of the complete project execution phase. The CPM is fully responsible for financial and commercial management (Contract, costs, revenue, and cash flow) throughout the project execution phase. This position encompasses sales controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting, and reporting. Primary contacts for the CPM include Customers, Suppliers, Project Managers/ Engineers, Procurement, Legal Department, Operational Review, other Commercial Project Managers, Head of local Finance & Business Administration, internal and external Auditors, and central Financial Services.
-Ensure proper financial project set up, including WBS structure, in line with the agreed project budget and company internal contractual arrangements.
-Set up a financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule for the offered scope during the sales phase and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
- Set up and closely monitor revenue recognition: actual vs. plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs. planned.
-Ensure full compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting policies under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, i.e., Sarbanes-Oxley, export control, signature authorities.
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, project cash flow reconciliation, and constant deviation analysis. Ensure data integrity between SAP back-end and specific front-end tools (division specific).
- Support the responsible Project Manager on change management issues (variations) relating to the scope, both contractually and internally. Obtain verification and approval of variations before submittal to the customer, ensuring appropriate costing and pricing per PM@Siemens Guidelines.
- Constantly assess risks and opportunity and their impact either in the risk register and in the gross margin and propose measures to prevent negative margin slippage.
- Implement and drive measures with the project manager to leverage opportunities to improve the project performance through claims and variation management.
-Support Project Managers to ensure Project Quality based on PM@Siemens Guidelines and achievement of project goals (Revenue, Margin, SG&A, etc.).
- Ensure quality on all commercial and administrational project quality policies as per PM@Siemens and Siemens guidelines.
- Support Project Managers in timely issuing invoices with a strong focus on managing Account Receivables and project cash flow.
- Drive Procurement together with the Project Manager by involving the responsible purchasing representative to ensure that the purchase orders are based on the best available bids and are within the set budget.
- Ensure consistent terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors in line with the end-customer contract.
- Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, sureties) to achieve contract commitments.
- Influence team to take positive action and accountability for the assigned work
- Ensures compliance with the LoA guidelines for all commercial and internal regulations aspects.
- Provides insights of project performance to Director of Commercial Project Management and VP of Projects during project reviews.
- Actively communicates with customer's commercial representatives and suppliers solving commercial issues.
- Together with the PM organization, proactively sets up a contract and claim management in the project, including involvement and cooperation with the assigned contract manager.
- Supports Project Manager to select and involve partners/subcontractors.
- Represents the project in the relevant decision boards internally and externally (when authorized by the Manager)
- Acts according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity.
-Collaborate with different departments to achieve project goals.
-BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline or advanced degree, where required. CPM Certification may be required.
-Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and understanding of other company functions and how they interact.
-Demonstrates understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
Typically 3-5 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.