Change the future with us
We are looking for dedicated and talented individuals who are able to meet constantly evolving challenges and serve the customer’s needs or answer colleagues’ questions by applying intelligent concepts and demonstrating creativity. We promote change and work with people who have the curiosity needed to reinvent the future of work. Join us, and together, we will focus on what’s truly important – making life better worldwide thanks to new ideas and the latest technologies.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting, and digital workspaces;
- Solving the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects;
- Engaging and challenging environment that evolves quickly with cutting-edge technology.
- Opportunities to advance your career with mentorship programs on a local and global scale;
- Competitive total compensation;
- Profit sharing available;
- Opportunity to buy and sell vacation time according to your lifestyle;
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, technology and sustainability while making a positive impact on the community;
- Participate in our celebrations, social events, and off-site business events;
- Opportunity to contribute and earn money for your innovative ideas;
- Employee benefits and discounts;
- Focused on diversity and inclusivity;
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, as well as being one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020 and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers in 2021.
What will you do?
- The incumbent will be in charge of improving several factory manufacturing processes with a multidisciplinary team involving other departments within the company.
- He or she will also be in charge of the following tasks:
- Developing and improving manufacturing processes and implementing lean manufacturing methods;
- Introducing new production equipment;
- Improving production equipment;
- Applying safety, quality, and performance requirements;
- Monitoring activities: dashboards, progress reports, budgets, etc.;
- Drafting design, development, and improvement specifications for factory-related processes;
- Creating safe assembly methods and implementing concrete solutions to reduce quality-related risks;
- Creating safe assembly methods and implementing concrete solutions to increase the efficiency of production cells;
- Launching manufacturing processes and monitoring prototypes;
- Preparing and correcting engineering and production documents;
- Participating in the development of assembly instruction manuals;
- Participating in the analysis of failure modes;
- Working closely with the product engineering department to validate the impact of changes on different manufacturing processes;
- Developing, supervising, and approving test plans;
- Ensuring equipment start-up and participating in equipment acceptance;
- Providing technical factory support when problem solving;
- Actively participating in the training program, serving as trainer.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ);
- Knowledge of CAD technical drawing software;
- 2-5 years experience in manufacturing engineering
- Very good knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of English both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills;
- Ability to solve problems creatively;
- Organizational skills, rigour, attention to detail and patience;
- Autonomy, efficiency, and a sense of responsibility.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader that provides comprehensive solutions for smart infrastructure and digital industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate, and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us, and what we create together is yours.
Making a difference together, we have raised $757,000 in charitable contributions while supporting over 23 non-profit organizations and planting 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees and 24 offices and facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca.
While we appreciate all applicants, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.