Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
It is preferred that this position be based out of Buffalo Grove, IL.
The National Operations Manager provides operational and business management support to management teams on a national basis supporting sales and operations teams in identifying and executing Building Automation Projects. The National Operations Manager will coordinate knowledge transfer within the Zone Technical Expert community and work with Branch Operations Managers to build and maintain the necessary technical skills of Field Specialists to efficiently install, commission and service Building Automation Projects.
Specific operations focus on the service or systems business and installations with an emphasis on process, standardization, quality, low cost, new products and tools, resource management, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
Identifies project and program opportunities with high impact to profitability and productivity improvement.
Generates business case and financial analysis, manages program through development and supports implementation.
Participates in large job review to identify costs and limits risk.
Participates in the development, implementation, proactive support, and maintenance of company products, standards, policies, and procedures, best practices, and tools within a matrix organization.
Functions as a formal and informal trainer to operations staff, supervisors and management.
Understands, communicates, and reinforces government regulations, codes, standards, and requirements.
Manages relationships between key account customers, local operations and management functions with key account sales management.
Facilitates interactions and communication with field operations to maintain a common reference.
- High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- 5+ years of experience in subject matter related skills; process expertise skills; process improvement mentoring.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of operations (both new systems and service) including business processes, standard practices, tools, and financial systems with a secondary focus on sales administration and general management.
- Comprehensive field experience and knowledge of building automation systems.
- Applicants must be legally eligible for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
All qualified candidates must have five plus years demonstrating the following skills:
- Strong networked building automation control products and system knowledge.
- Strong building automation application knowledge - highly technical.
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting building automation systems.
- Experience in quoting the designed solutions and ensuring that products and services are properly budgeted and estimated.
- Experience in engineering and programming building automation control solutions.
- Experience in commissioning building automation control solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret Plans and Specifications, estimate building automation control solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer skills, financial skills and effective project management skills.
Additional experience with the following is a plus:
- HVAC and Building Automation
- Integrated solutions
Ability to travel up to 70%.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.