The Assembly & Test Supervisor will direct the safe and timely completion of daily assembly, testing, and delivery activities by leading a production team. This position is also responsible for leading process continual improvements to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives within the Shop Floor Management (SFM) framework.
- Directs the completion of projects within production including planning of activities across all shifts.
- Assists with routine product manufacturing to ensure that cost efficiency, manufacturability, and quality requirements are attainable in the production process.
- Champions safety for all employees and activities, driving 5S organization for a safe work environment.
- Communicates across functions for support of production.
- Reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Supervises a small team of hourly associates.
The Assembly & Test Supervisors lead the day-to-day functions including safely executing the production plan to meet quality standards and delivery times. The supervisor is the main contact for problem solving and continuous improvement activities to be implemented on the shop floor and in training and coaching of associates as needed.
Also responsible for:
- Supervising work hours, manpower, work assignments including test dates and expediting material.
- Releasing, rescheduling and closing of process work orders including traceability.
- Providing leadership and motivation to hourly team members to generate ideas and implement solutions.
- Providing regular performance feedback to hourly team members.
- Executing promotional recommendations as well as disciplinary actions as required.
- Provides resource needs and suggests justification to Manufacturing Manager.
- Troubleshoots and resolves semi-complex problems
- Leveraging the Test Team Leaders as necessary to ensure safe, effective testing operations.
- Communicating with team and other functions to tackle problems in a standardized way.
- Continual monitoring and auditing of standardized work processes and documenting deviations for issue resolution or escalation.
- Providing leadership and technical support to team members.
- Ensuring all procedures and processes are followed when assembling and testing products.
- Directing team in preparing equipment for customer witness testing products.
- Identifying and eliminating waste using Siemens Production System methods.
- Leading daily Gemba Meetings to communicate status, problems, escalations, and recovery plans.
- Ensuring safe work area.
- Assisting Manufacturing Manager in identifying training needs and performing training and coaching for team members.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, advised or assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of (3) three years of production supervision in assembly and/or test function
- Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Ability to lead in a team environment with proven cross functional teamwork
- Experience leading small teams and/or projects
- Basic Experience with Siemens Production System or equivalent Lean Manufacturing experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and planning skills
- Ability to work overtime and flexible hours
- Digital literacy required including Microsoft Office, (ability to learn SAP and Team Center)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or equivalent preferred
- (5+) five plus years of production supervision in assembly and/or test function
- Advanced Experience with Siemens Production System or equivalent Lean Manufacturing experience
- Proficient digital literacy: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- SAP and Team Center experience
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.