Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a EHS Team Leader to join our established team in Bayswater, VIC. In this pivotal role, you will be a key figure in coaching, mentoring, and reinforcing our safety culture. Reporting to the HR Head and CEO, this is a national role leading a small team of EHS professionals.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Manage EHS teams’ activities to ensure Siemens complies with EHS regulation as well as internal requirements
• Develop and implement procedures based on approved company policies in the areas of health, safety, environment, emergency preparedness, workers compensation and rehabilitation
• Conduct site safety audits and inspections. Ensure all corrective actions are recorded and closed out by the due date
• Oversee the systematic identification of hazards, identification of suitable controls and their implementation. Actively promotes and supports the generation of JSEA’s and Risk Assessments
• Investigate incidents on site and identify suitable corrective actions through consultation with key stakeholders. Ensure all corrective actions are recorded and closed out by the due date
• Maintain records of all injuries and illnesses occurring at the workplace in accordance with legislative requirements and provide statistical summaries as required
• Liaise with technical specialists, government, and industry experts to ensure that EHS requirements are being met
• Oversee and maintain ISO accreditation for ISO 4801 and ISO 14001
• Maintain comprehensive records and participate in the collation and submission of all EHS statutory reporting requirements
• Compile, interpret and maintain EHS reporting and statistics. Present to management as required
• Provide coaching, advice and assistance to line managers and employees on EHS policies, processes, issues and initiatives
In order to be successful in this role you will need to be an inspiring team player, with a problem-solving attitude. You will have a continuous improvement mindset and a keen eye for detail. You will also need to have the ability to understand new systems and process easily and drive key projects around safety leadership and process enhancements. Experience in a similar EHS role in and Electrical/Mechanical or Construction environment is a must, as is the ability to influence at all levels within and organisation. We also require a minimum tertiary qualification of a Cert IV in Work Health & Safety.
In return, we offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development, and an attractive salary package.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.