Lead Research Engineer - Distributed and Decentralized Systems
The Technology department occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
Are you also passionate about building innovative and scalable Cloud, Serverless, IoT and Edge applications and platforms? Join our research group to explore how to apply these technologies and knowledge to new era of Digitalization, Internet of Things, Blockchain Applications, Industry 4.0 and Smart Infrastructure.
Contribute with your insights into the workings of cutting edge and emerging computing architectures and your solid knowledge/experience in software engineering. Apply your skills to optimize and accelerate adoption of autonomous and intelligent systems. Research new technologies and ideas in decentralized software architectures.
Change the future with us
- You will architect, design and develop prototypes and technology demonstrators with a very high quality to solve contemporary and emerging critical business challenges. Following are (but not limited to) your core business expectations:
- Demonstrate passion for deep understanding in state-of-the-art and emerging technologies in area of decentralized and distributed systems development.
- Have good understanding of technologies including hardware architectures for parallel and distributed computing.
- Apply your specialized knowhow to empower software applications with maximum reliability and performance.
- Effectively execute projects from comprehensively analyzing requirements to rapidly designing and implementing solutions to develop highly reliable and performant decentralized and distributed systems from concept to realization, targeted to deliver solutions to Siemens business problems globally.
- Continuously hone and upgrade your skills in the constantly evolving technology world. Create the future through intellectual property such as patents and publications in prestigious conferences and journals.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Do you have an Masters (M.Tech/M.S.) in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 5 – 7 years?
- In-depth understanding of one or more of these technologies:
- Blockchain technologies e.g., Ethereum, Hyperledger, Big Chain DB
- IoT technology stacks and protocols including edge technologies
- AI technologies with applications to distributed systems
- Good working experience and strong understanding of cloud computing and cloud native development methods like microservices architectures and associated patterns. Knowledge of modern DevOps methods and tooling.
- A good understanding of distributed and P2P algorithms including graph algorithms, non-blocking data structures, leader election, fault tolerant consensus.
- Either work experience (preferable) or in-depth understanding of at least one of Blockchain technologies like Ethereum Hyper Ledger.
- Experience with writing Smart Contracts with DSL as well as general purpose languages.
- Knowledge of emerging edge computing architectures and technologies
- Knowledge of a machine learning packages like SciKit Learn, NLTK, R or high-performance computing frameworks like OpenMP, CUDA.
- Knowledge of communication and big data frameworks like Kafka, Storm, Protobuf, AMQP
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time