Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for an experienced Managed Pathology Service Operations Manager to join our Managed Pathology Services (MPS) team.
You will be responsible for ensuring the execution and on-going management of MPS contracts, playing a pivotal role in driving the added value of MPS with our customers.
This role is critical in the overall management of MPS to ensure a clear roadmap to customer satisfaction is created and delivered for each account.
Overall this position is important in convincing customers that Siemens Healthineers can deliver superior value to those of competitors clinically, operationally and financially through our support, execution and focus on customer deliverables and requirements.
This is a home based role, covering our customer based nationwide.
- Providing information on our MPS Operations Management model, throughout the sales process, to the Bid Development and Sales' teams to assist with quality and differentiated responses to support the requirements for new sales opportunities and bids
- Active involvement when developing new contracts and schedules to inform and to ensure that robust operating models are agreed and documented, alongside realistic SLAs, KPIs and timescales, so as to ensure that risks are mitigated against contract delivery, wherever possible
- Oversee and support appropriate delivery of all solution(s) and / or service(s) throughout the duration of the contract, in line with agreed contract and schedules
- Ensure that both MPS Core and Enhanced solutions are fully delivered by the responsible teams and can be shown to have realized full value and benefits for our customers and for Siemens
- Facilitate contract hand-over to our customers, outlining terms and conditions, and obligations of both parties, with full outline of governance model, performance monitoring, pricing and change control processes
- Support the account manager to establish a consistent and compliant governance model for contract monitoring within each MPS account
- Assist with the coordination, presentation and management of performance data from Siemens and Third Parties, including performance monitoring for finance, assets, training, SLAs and KPIs
- Where issues arise, reaching into the organisation for help and support to manage customer dissatisfaction, along with other key stakeholders
- Apply asset management processes to all Siemens and Third Party equipment
- Working with the account managers, to maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels by utilising pulse checks and surveys, review meetings and other feedback to monitor performance and identify ways of increasing customer satisfaction
- Responsibility to ensure that Siemens' MPS solution offerings meet and exceed industry quality standards, customer quality requirements and UKAS needs
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in the changing NHS environment, including quality elements such as UKAS and ISO standards, NHSI and the drive to networks and collaborations, and efficiencies through patient pathways, service continuity and cost management;
- Proven experience of successfully managing complex contracts relating to projects or service-based operations preferably within a medical equipment or hospital environment
- Ideally you will have a functional, operational background within the laboratory or clinical diagnostics arena and with a proven experience of delivering to contractual obligations, service level agreements, and performance targets
- Good commercial, financial and contractual awareness, with a proactive approach to delivery and management of diagnostic services and experience of working with Third Party Suppliers
- Ideally you will have team management skills and people development. Proven motivational and leadership skills
- Understands frequently used software programmes including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word as well as the CRM and financial tools
- Ideally you will have project and / or programme management, finance analysis, performance management and reporting, LEAN models, workflow and execution of services
- Degree or equivalent qualification
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time