Together we make a difference!
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
Siemens Mobility, Inc., is the leading provider of intelligent mobility solutions that offer guaranteed availability, optimized capacity and enhanced passenger experience. The company’s business includes rail rolling stock, rail automation, intelligent traffic systems, traffic telematics systems and rail electrification. The portfolio also covers turnkey mobility projects and tailored financing solutions. We are in a unique position to create value add for our Customers not only for Siemens products and solutions. We call it Ingenuity for Life and we are setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s mobility – today.
Siemens Mobility Customer Services is a fast-growing business with a backlog of > $1.5 Billion. To execute this backlog on highest performance levels and to ensure constant growth, Siemens is looking for highly motivated and competent individuals.
The Warranty / Project Manager – Rail Solutions will be located in the Mobility Customer Services HQ in McClellan, CA. However, our Warranty cases and Projects are across North America. This means you will cooperate with the central functions like Engineering, Procurement, etc. in Sacramento but might be in charge warranty case / project team which is working at the customers location. Your responsibilities / scope is typically centered around complete refurbishments, accident repairs, modernizations and overhauls on either Vehicle or System level.
To ensure customer and organizational success, Siemens is interested in adding a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and self-driven Warranty / Project Manager which has managed technical challenges and / or projects before. The successful candidate is capable of leading a cross functional team, which is not reporting to the Warranty / Project Manager, and to interact in a professional way with our customers.
This successful Warranty / Project Manager will be responsible for all warranty cases of CS UT because of our contractual project obligations. It will be essential to understand all contracts for projects which are under warranty and to have a certain level of technical understanding which enables you to understand the addressed warranty case and to drive it through the organization.
We are currently executing larger projects which are not under warranty yet. Therefore, the warranty manager will also manage assigned Service Solutions projects in the Business Unit Customer Service (CS), which can be refurbishment, repair, maintenance, overhaul, or modernization of our customers’ and 3rd party’s rolling stock equipment. Refurbishment / Overhaul projects are usually longer term (3-7 years), while repair projects are short-term (1- 12 months). Maintenance projects can be up to 30 years duration. Our ultimate goal is to engage into long term partnership with Customers in which we jointly work on improving the overall operational performance. Those Performance Partnership projects are highly customized and might cover a wide range of our portfolio elements. The Warranty / Project Manager is the main interface to the customer and is the customer’s advocate within Siemens.
Within Customer Services we can offer to the successful candidate a career development plan. This means the Project Manager can start with less complex projects and can be developed to manage some complex projects over time.
The Warranty / Project Manager will lead and drive the successful execution of all warranty cases and assigned projects. The success will be measured on schedule achievements, customer success and financial results. The responsibilities are including but are not limited to the following:
· Communicate with customers to understand and solve potential warranty cases
· Defining and managing warranty solutions which are meeting our contractual obligations, creating customer satisfaction and are within our warranty budget
· Consults with customers on technical solutions, in cooperation with Sales Manager, Key Account Manager or Business lead.
· Clarifies customers´ targets and requirements, and/or specification in request for proposal (RFP).
· Participates in tender preparation and is part of customer negotiations.
· Coordinates overall planning of the project and decides on allocation of resources.
· Clarifies specification / contract and continuously liaise with management.
· Monitors milestone and adherence to budgets, and initiates actions to minimize non-conformance cost.
· Maintains constant communication to customers, outside contractors or other stakeholders.
· May coordinate agreed commissioning measures onsite, together with Site Engineering Management.
· Adheres to PM standards and Business Conduct Guidelines (e.g. Tax regulations, Export Control, EHS).
· Manages and coordinates all temporarily assigned project staff.
· Ensures Customer success
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· At least 2 years of experience in a Project Management ideal in an industrial environmental
· Project management skills, including developing project plans, timelines / schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource requirements, calculating ROI, etc.
· Demonstrated technical experience
· Demonstrable experience accomplishing tasks with only remote supervision or support with a proven history of solving problems for customers.
· Project Management certification is a great advantage
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.