The Director of Quality Management role’s responsibilities include management and oversight during product development , general release, and end of life of global and regional products via QMiP engineers. In addition, the role includes management of QM functions supporting factories in Wendell and Heber Springs along with QM interface and support for ANSI products coming from global factories in Mexico, Germany, and Australia. The regional responsibility includes management of nonconformance costs against overall BU targets and proper follow up and proactive management of these costs and customer satisfaction. We are looking for an individual with both mgt skills to coordinate and support the team but assist in complex problem resolution. The Director function must collaborate with PM, R&D, Factory, Supplier, and Engineering teams to drive overall results. In addition to these QM functions, this role will also be responsible for our global customer care team to manage warranty cases and field resources to remedy after delivery nonconformance cases and manage any product safety advisories or recalls.
- Build solid relationships with key customers and suppliers, and ensure customer Quality requirements are evaluated, documented, and integrated into appropriate product requirements and Quality goals.
- Effectively communicate development project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Perform project risk management to minimize overall Quality and Operations risks.
- Collaboration with Product Safety committee to ensure all new products are reviewed and risks are mitigated.
- Support rapid growth and development of Quality Plans for the Emobility space including local production for high speed bus and import of AC charger portfolio.
- Develop and Improve data mgt and processes for effective implementation of preventive measures to identify and resolve ongoing trends through Salesforce.com case mgt system.
- Effectively communicate priorities to BU mgt and staff relative to support of overall QM program.
- Responsible for creating, coordinating, and implementing Product Quality Plans (PQP) and development gate requirements during development projects.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project Quality and Operations project documentation.
- Complete internal project-specific audits and review project adherence to development project gate compliance.
- Facilitate development project Lessons Learned postmortems and implement improvements on future project/product improvements.
- Drive preventative product improvement measures by assessing risks along the lifecycle utilizing Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Manufacturing Quality Plans (MQP), Failure Analysis Investigations (FAI) and customers/supplier risk assessments.
- Implement global product Quality programs with partner production sites and monitor the effectiveness of these programs.
- Review product Quality data internal and from the field, considering applications, regions, and customers to come up with improvement actions.
- Manage and maintain ISO standards across US operations.
- Support Customer Facing QMiP responsibilities for large industrial end users or data center clients.
- Identify root cause and resolve ongoing technical quality challenges with ANSI portfolio.
- Support Product Management in processing the phase-out on selected products.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or computer science. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of Ten (10) years in Quality mgt , Research & Development (R&D), or Supply Chain Management (SCM) roles.
- ASQ or other quality certifications desired.
- Ability to work in matrix global organization.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to work on international projects and travel worldwide as the need arises (~15% travel).
- Proven ability to work cross functionally with multiple departments, such as Product Management, Engineering, and Purchasing.
- Solid multi-tasking, time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.