Siemens Mobility is a
separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for
more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in
its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey
systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With
digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to
make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire
lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal
year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility
Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees
Siemens Mobility Spain (Siemens Mobility SLU + Siemens Rail Automation) is looking for an ATC Engineer for National and International projects.
Responsible for the application engineering of ATC signaling equipment according to the project and product specifications, covering both hardware and software specification, definition of interface specification, vehicle survey, electrical design, mechanical design, design of communications interfaces, creation of test specifications and documentation, execution and support of static and dynamic tests.
The ATC Engineer role offers you the possibility to work in an international and multidisciplinary engineering team, facing challenging projects both in the national and international markets.
This role allows the possibility of working part of the time in mobile working / home office, offering a high level of flexibility and better control of the work-life balance.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Project requirements analysis activities at ATC sub-system level.
• Participation in all the phases of the hardware and software ATC application engineering cycle, including the requirements specification, implementation, commissioning, …
• Preparation of specific technical documentation according to the requirements of the project and / or applicable regulations.
• Perform vehicle survey during project execution.
• Creation of list of components and materials (bill of quantities) for ATC subsystem.
• Creation and review of interface specification between ATC and other subsystems and rolling stock.
• Creation of project specific documentation regarding ATC (train wiring, train and track parameters, etc.).
• ATC HW design (rolling stock book of circuits, on-board ATC book of circuits, etc.).
• Implementation of non-functional requirements and EMC for ATC.
• Support to bidding team.
o Work with the different stakeholders involved in the bid process to ensure completeness in the proposed technical solution.
o Perform vehicles survey during bidding phase.
The following list includes valuable skills for the ATC Engineer role. If you fulfil several of them, we are interested to meet you and to arrange an interview.
• Experience in a Rail Signaling business
• Knowledge of one or more ATC signaling technologies for applications in Mass Transit (like CBTC, …), Main Line (like ERTMS, ASFA, …), Freights and Light Rail.
• Desirable knowledge in the applications of on-board railway signaling equipment:
o Design of electrical interfaces of on-board equipment for railway signaling.
o Mechanical interfaces of on-board equipment for railway signaling.
o Engineering Configuration of on-board equipment for railway signaling.
o Engineering commissioning of on-board equipment for railway signaling.
• Use of engineering tools such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, Solid Edge, ...
• Advanced capabilities in data analysis by use of Microsoft Excel, including creation VBA macros.
• Experience in Requirements Management, specification, traceability and validation. Knowledge of requirements management tools such as DOORS.
• Knowledge of CENELEC standards and V-life Cycle models
• Planning capabilities. Knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar project planning software.
• Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Subversion, PVCS, ...
• Availability to travel.
• Experience in international projects and ability to work with teams distributed in several countries.
• Ability to work in teams, good communication skills and a results-oriented approach.
• Fluent written and spoken English. Fluent Spanish is desirable.
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electrical engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or similar.