Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do at Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Building Products Division within Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead our on-premises building management software team with journey towards cloud integration. This is an exciting opportunity and time to be part of Smart Infrastructure division of Siemens.
- Manages organization unit assigned, and leads, motivates and develops dedicated employees.
- Experience managing project delivery and deployments.
- Management understanding in order to lead and align employees in different workflows and / or projects organization environment.
- Planning and managing results and performance is essential.
- Ability to work with R&D team hands on to mitigate risks, address any issues and challenge to drive quality product delivery.
- Improves existing processes and approaches.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree.
- 5+ years of managing software development teams.
- Hands on experience with software development and architecture of applications (Windows, browser applications, C++ / C#).
- Technical knowledge in software architecture (e.g. SOA, client/server, microservices).
- Experience in managing Agile programs. SAFe Agile experience is a plus.
- Experience with software life cycle management and process.
- Ability to work collaboratively with global multi-disciplined teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem solving competence.
- PMP or Certified Scrum Master is a plus.
- Experience working with customers is a plus.
- Experience working with 3rd party software vendors is a plus.
- Building automation / IoT / Cloud applications experience is a plus.
- Travel – ~10%
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
'At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds'
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.