Position can be based out of Cypress (Los Angeles Area) or San Diego.
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. This position conducts facility site visits, analyzes the customer’s current situation, and produces plans for Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs). This position also assists sales and operations in the development, procurement, and execution of performance contracts.
- Perform and lead existing building commissioning
Perform and supervise preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs) and opportunities.
Participation in pre-sale activities, working closely with Sales to identify and technically qualify customer opportunities for energy efficiency.
Work with Siemens operations teams and outside vendors as it pertains to developing FIMs.
- Analyze blueprints and perform site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to determine facility operational characteristics.
Apply building energy simulation programs to develop energy, cooling, and heating load-building models using modeling software.
Perform industry-standard energy calculations (such as weather-based BIN calculations).
- Develop design concepts and schematics concerning recommended FIMs, including scope of work descriptions, sequences of operations, code deficiency evaluations, savings potential, cost estimates, and data to verify FIMs.
Prepare financial models including Return on Investment (ROI), life cycle costs, and internal rate of return.
Work collaboratively with our Digital Service Team on Smart Building solutions, as part of Siemens Digitalization Strategy.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or related technical field; Master’s degree (for Sr. Level)
· Energy Manager or Professional Engineer certification required
· Commissioning Professional certification preferred
· Energy industry experience supporting performance-based projects or energy services; 4 - 7+ years preferred
· Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations
· Good verbal and written communication skills in English
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
· Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.