Together we make the difference
With a comprehensive range of high-performance industrial software and fully integrated automation technologies, we at Digital Industries help companies to increase the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and bring new products to market faster - be it in the automotive industry, in the aerospace industry, in mechanical engineering or in other exciting industries. There is no way around us when it comes to the future of industry.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
Factory automation has played a pivotal role in the evolution of manufacturing from the early days of manual control through relays and switches to the advanced digital platforms that are seen today. Increasing productivity, achieving mass production, and improving efficiencies have been a perennial quest for manufacturers and have been catalysts for advancements in automation. Edge intelligence, heterogeneous computing, interconnection, artificial intelligence and other technologies enhance data management and analysis capabilities of the manufacturing devices; on the other hand, technologies such as multi-core, virtualization, micro-service and computing migration continue to improve the resource utilization and further enhance the service capabilities of the future automation platform to complete a lightweight, low delay and efficient artificial intelligence computing framework.
For a newly created position in the Factory Automation area, we are looking for you to strengthen our dynamic software and virtual control team. You will be part of the team committed to innovation and contribution, trust and respect, teamwork and uncompromising integrity. Cultivate effective working relationships with other software / hardware developers, architects and testers worldwide and deliver new product features with a standard agile development process. You will be responsible for feature realization, automated verification and deployment. You will contribute to architecture design, feature specification and establishment of software development pipelines.
- The basis of your success is a completed degree in computer science / automation / or comparable areas
- You are characterized by expert knowledge in various frameworks and Realtime programming (C/C++/Python/Go Lang), Realtime Linux, Network Technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6), Container Technologies (Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Helm) and basic web technologies (HTTP, HTML).
- You have in-depth knowledge of agile methodologies, continuous delivery, integration and testing.
- You already have experience with various industrial communications and IoT device connectivity protocols (e.g. SIMATIC S7, OPC UA, Profinet, Modbus, SNMP, MQTT, Bluetooth Low Energy, AMPQ and DDS)
- Having a working understanding of AI concepts would be a plus.
- You have a high level of communication skills, and fluent in both oral and written English.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time