Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
As Applications Engineer, you will provide Application Engineering Support for Factory Automation products. Functionally reporting to the Application Engineering Manager, you will play an instrumental role in technically supporting the pre and post sales activities for the Factory Automation business in Canada. You will be operating with an expected level of professionalism, while displaying passion about exceeding customer expectations and working with a sense of urgency
What will you do?
- The analysis of customer requirements and providing a solution utilizing the SIMATIC product portfolio
- Working closely with Siemens Sales Organization, Exclusive Industrial Distributors and Siemens Solution Partners, to demonstrate technical features and benefits of Siemens Automation portfolio
- Understanding the value added and service offerings while partnering with customers to further understand their needs in order to provide them with a consultative technical solution
- Focus on, but not limited to, digitalization topics, which include Simulation, Cloud & Edge Computing, IIOT
- Understand end customer requirements and develop proof of concept System architecture and Recommended Parts list for end customers
- Ability to understand and influence customers and system integrators on the utilization of SIMATIC products
- Develop Sales Collateral such as value proposition demo programs
- Application Notes/White papers for Sales Organization
- Coordinating closely with the Product Marketing team on various Marketing activities such as Product launch Seminars, Application Presentations and Workshops
- Support Product Marketing in development of product positioning and competitive analysis Offer support and implement corporate regional local and global marketing programs for lead development
- Technically represent and interface with Siemens HQ and Competence Centre on complex customer projects
- Stay well informed on industry changes while participating in professional organizations, where possible
- Continuous learning with growing technologies by engaging with marketing segments, application notes, FAQs to improve technical skills and knowledge
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering and/or Mechatronics preferred
- Strong knowledge in Factory Automation and Mechatronics theory
- Must have a proven record of 4+ years’ Industry Engineering experience on Factory Automation Products
- Strong knowledge of Industrial applications involving Factory Automation Products
- Must be able to size the Factory Automation applications based on application requirements
- Hands-on experience with Motion, Safety, Industrial Networking
- PLC Programming and Computer Programming Language experience
- Experience with AZUURE and AWS would be considered an asset
- Application experience in OEM industry such as Automotive, Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Metal and Mining is a definite asset
- Familiar with other Industrial Automation Platforms, Industrial networks and Factory Automation product offerings in the market
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills along with proven ability to provide technical training
- Must be willing to travel nationally on a short notice
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.