The Maintenance Supervisor position is responsible for leading the day-to-day maintenance activities within the manufacturing plant in a unionized site with operational excellence as a goal. In this role you will drive a strong safety culture throughout the department to become world class. This position reports to the Plant Manager and is a key member of the Manufacturing Leadership Team. This role has up to 10 direct reports.Responsibilities:
- Conduct periodic safety audits within department(s)
- Ensures tasks are completed in accordance with Siemens EH&S policies and OSHA regulations.
- Identifies resource needs for both personal and project with significant influence on approval of identified needs.
- Work closely with function leads to improve customer satisfaction.
- Support Shop Floor Management, drive sustainable problem solutions.
- Optimally defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to acquire optimum efficiency.
- Leads teams of Maintenance Mechanics & Electricians in predictive & preventative maintenance and machine repair.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and day to day supervision of maintenance systems, processes and documentation associated with efficient and Robust Manufacturing Organizations (Prevention and Predictive Maintenance, TPM, OEE, SOP’s, Safety, etc.).
- Ensures maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and works closely with Production to schedule and accomplish equipment and facility repairs.
- Develops and/or maintains Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function (supplier performance, 3rd party contractor performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment efficiency, etc.)
- Provides long term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
- Trains employees on accurate work methods and safety procedures.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory.
- Provides regular status reports to manager
- Work closely with union leadership to ensure a collaborative relationship.
- Demonstrates and applies sophisticated knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area handled and good knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
- Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, Motivation, and performance management.
- Typically 3+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BS degree in mechanical, or related engineering degree
- 5-8 years experience leading a maintenance team including general manufacturing practices, manufacturing engineering
- Sophisticated technical skills in mechanical and electrical fields (e.g. PLCs, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, etc.) and is able to lead resource planning efforts in a large manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of maintenance systems, work order processes, preventive/predictive maintenance, TPM, inventory and scheduling software, preferred.
- Strong leadership skills (conflict resolution, facilitation, change management skills, decision making, empowerment and delegation), preferred.
- Experience in a unionized environment
- Tight-knit teamwork and influencing skills
- Experience with lean manufacturing tools and processes.
- Experience in ERP systems, ex: SAP
- Experience in maintaining of the following: CNC Lathes, CNC O.D. Grinders, CNC Mill/Turn, Manual lathes, and Manual Grinders.
- Knowledge and experience of Welding Processes and Equipment including: AWS standards, MIG welding, TIG Welding, torch and induction brazing.
- Understanding of Lean principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience of Total Productive Maintenance systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Understand tolerances (GD&T), both Metric and Standard measurement systems
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in an Engineer to Order environment is helpful.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.