AI Machine Learning Automation Developer
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join a multi discipline global team. You will be working across organizational and geographical boundaries to design, develop, enhance, and implement support tools and applications. Your challenge will be to surpass customer expectations, produce high quality applications. These tools are business critical to delivering the highest quality product support to Siemens PL customers. The tools are used both internally and externally by product support teams and customers to effectively and efficiently ensure customer success. The overall challenge is to enhance current, build new and transform applications into simple, intuitive and compelling application experience that modernizes the user experience. You will be working in a fast-paced, agile environment where you will have to keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies and standards to bring new ideas and solutions to realization. The ideal candidate is driven by the desire to be a user advocate and is passionate about creating product applications that are intuitive, satisfying, and easy to use.
Job Description: The Tools Development Engineer will design, develop, modify, and integrate product support application tools (both internal and external facing) with the focus on surpassing customer expectations by achieving high quality, ease of use and on time delivery. These tools are critical to delivering the highest quality support to our Siemens customers directly and indirectly by providing our internal GCSS team the capabilities to efficiently and effectively perform their support roles contributing to the overall success of the customer.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the required support tools on all required platforms.
- Advocate for the user’s needs and collaborate to develop features that align to the needs of the user.
- Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems.
- Turn requirements into simple and intuitive interfaces for the end user.
- Analyze and resolve UI design alternatives and issues.
- Prepare UI documentation (mock-ups, use cases, task flows, prototypes, etc.) to be used by the product support team.
- Create, document and execute software designs which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas.
- Collect and action UI/application feedback from internal and external users and manage changes.
- Act as Technical Lead of one or more projects.
- Work with minimal supervision on complex projects with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Highly skilled with extensive proficiency and technical expertise.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge and proficiency within industry standard programming and development skills.
- Passionate about producing high-quality solutions.
- Driven to enhance the end user experience through new and innovative ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience working with CI (TeamCity, Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis)
- AngularJS, React (React preferred)
- RESTful API
- Database (Postgres, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch) – implementation,
- management, and querying
- AWS, Google Cloud, Azure (AWS preferred)
- Ruby, Python, Node.js
- MVC – along with other basic software design patterns
- Understand Support (done support ideally)
- Can lead their own projects and drive the solution
- Evidence they can maintain their own software and software written by others
- Understanding of how to build highly available and performant solutions
*Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.