Support Center Advisor
*Eastern Standard Time*
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
This role will require the successful candidate to:
- Use our chat platform to interact with customers that need Support Portal assistance. This includes, but not limited to, the following issue types: Incorrect Entitlements, Inability to Download Software/License or Open a Support Case, and Incorrect Profile details (email address, company name or title).
- Throughout the interaction with customers within the chat platform, it will be required that this candidate is able to process these Support Center website registration requests, assigning proper Site IDs to users for correct location and product preference entitlement in the Contact Administration tool. Recognize and identify non-standard or non-compliant email addresses for registrants and escalating as needed to the Wilsonville Global Support Team for further research.
- Provide insights and recommendations into ways to reduce chat incidents. This can be through the creation of KB Articles, videos, or chat automation.
- Create content (KB Articles/Videos) that will increase self-help and assist in deflecting chat or support cases.
As a secondary responsibility (and if time availability exists), this candidate will also:
- Closely monitor the daily queue for Support Center Help Requests (Support Actions) from customers and employees, researching their issues, implementing solutions related to entitlement, Site ID and contact updates, following up with the customers and closing the Service Request Cases.
- Closely monitor the daily inbound emails for the Global Support inbox from customers and employees, providing them with resource answers, routing them to appropriate contacts as needed (for website or GTS tool defects or enhancements), researching and implementing solutions for requests within our scope (many of these are like Support Center Help Requests (Support Actions), and escalating one-off or out of the ordinary requests as needed to the Wilsonville Global Support Team for further research.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and efficiently with Seibel GTS tool we use for Service Requests, Contact Administration, Site ID and Account lookups, and product entitlement for customers, employees, and distributors.
- Use various reporting and analytics tools such as Queries and exports within the Seibel GTS tool, and additionally with our Ebase Production Citrix StoreFront reporting tool for researching Site, entitlement and product information for troubleshooting purposes.
- Occasional performance testing / QA of Support Center release fixes and Seibel GTS tool release fixes, escalating tool defects or issues as needed to the Wilsonville Global Support Team.
- Occasionally, documenting updates that are made to the processes, systems and/or policies associated to how the support actions, entitlements and/or registrations are handled.
Skills that would enable the candidate to be successful would include:
- Prior experience using a chat platform to interact with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to handle simultaneous chats while maintaining high customer satisfaction and resolution rate.
- Time management, multi-tasking, and ability to prioritize daily tasks based on issue severity and number of customers affected by the issue.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, using documented process resources and tools for common scenarios, and recognizing issues which are uncommon and would need escalation.
- Good written communication skills (as much of our work with Global Support and Support Center Help Requests (Support Actions) would be handled exclusively through email.
- Thorough follow-through and follow-up with customers, some of our requests remain open and pending for various reasons, so regular communication with customers and employees indicating the status so they do not feel ignored or forgotten is essential.
- Experience with customer service & technical customer support would be preferred.
- An inquisitive mind and willingness to learn and ask questions is strongly recommended.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.