- Maintain a comprehensive topic taxonomy for classifying content in a natural, interpretable manner, at multiple granularities.
- Create intuitive, conversational, and on-voice categories, tags, and definitions that can be used with both internal and external audiences.
- Manage the taxonomy update process, owning its effectiveness and collaborating with data science on data integrity.
- Coordinate and build alignment with business and platform teams and stakeholders across Siemens to optimize for consistency and effectiveness over time.
- Provide guidance about ontologies and semantic representations, supporting recommendations with data.
- Work with product and data science to identify gaps and areas for improvement in the taxonomy, as well as support any taxonomy-driven product strategies.
- Work with localization to ensure that the taxonomy works across languages and cultures.
- Work with engineering to maximize the effectiveness of the infrastructure and tools that support the taxonomy.
- Work with other taxonomists in sales, support, and finance teams to create and maintain maps between different taxonomies.
- Promote understanding and adoption of taxonomy across the organization.
- 3+ years managing product taxonomies.
- Experience using taxonomy management systems to maintain categories, attributes, and other metadata.
- Ontology development and information domain modeling experience.
- Experience working with content systems and establishing the relationship between content topics.
- Proven ability to work on ambiguous projects and deliver effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with building and shipping taxonomies and related features for content websites, apps, or software.
- Experience partnering closely with data science and operations teams.
- Experience with an international taxonomy.
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- A portfolio or other work samples showing the impact of your content taxonomy work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Information Management, or equivalent
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) Life insurance covered by Siemens.
- Long-term and short-term disability plans covered by Siemens.
- 401K matching
- Unlimited personal time off, including paid volunteer time off
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.