At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
As part of the Siemens MindSphere central operations organization, this position makes significant contributions towards the delivery DevOps solutions that support best-in-class cloud based microservice applications. As a DevOps Engineer you will have key responsibilities in defining, planning, implementing, and operating automated infrastructure and processes that meet or exceed the service level and CI/CD objectives.
In this role, the successful person will create and maintain IaaS environments that meet service level agreement; support the resource requirements of the development, QA, and customer value realization teams; enable CI/CD; meet compliance and best practice standards; and are well documented. They will participate in, and sometimes lead, proof of concept and first of a kind activities to validate product concepts.
Responsible for surpassing customer expectations to achieve high quality, innovative solutions that are delivered on-time. Has diversified knowledge of methods and practices in broad areas of the infrastructure development and operations. Recognized by peers as a strong collaborator. Must excel in a team environment that changes with new technology adoption and evolving customer requirements. Works with some supervision on the most complex projects and desires to obtain complete latitude for independent judgment. Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Using Infrastructure As Code (IAC) best practices, create automated infrastructure within AWS/Azure, including package management, application load and configuration, and systems monitoring and administration.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD tools, services, processes to support development, QA, and customer value realization teams.
- Contribute to Operations strategy planning, design, implementation, and maintenance activities.
- Deliver improvements to source code management, deployment, operations, maintenance, cost control, security, monitoring, and audit tools and processes.
- Be part of maintaining a 24x7, global, highly available SaaS environment according to internal and external service levels agreements.
- Ensure the production environment is operating in accordance with established procedures and best practices. Provide escalated support for high severity and critical network events.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2+ years of IT experience or equivalent experience.
- Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins, or equivalent tools.
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) services: Lambda, Networking, IAM
- 2+ years experience with networking and network/system security, including firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, monitoring, security and DNS
- 2+ years shell scripting - sh/bash/ksh
- 2+ years experience with open source tools (Linux, Python, Git, Ansible)
- 2+ years experience with system automation at enterprise level, distributed environments
- Senior level system administration experience, including troubleshooting, support, mentorship/training, and oversight.
- Ability to adopt and extend continuous integration and testing processes, GitLab-CI experience preferred.
- Ability to manage goals, track milestones and report on status.
- Cloud monitoring tools: ie. CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Cloudability, or equivalent tools (1 year)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 2+ years experience with containerization, specifically Kubernetes and OpenShift
- AWS or Azure certification
- Experience creating user interfaces (2+ years)
- Tooling administration for Jira, Active Directory, Artifactory, Uptrends, Cloudability (1 year)
- Full-stack development of web interface applications (2+ years)
- Networking concepts, including firewalls, VPN, routing, load balancers, security and DNS
- Enterprise IT environment with distributed environments (2+ years)
- Linux administration & troubleshooting (2+ years)
- Strong base for software architecture and API development
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.