Siemens Spartanburg is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. Do you dream about improving processes and systems using technology? Siemens is looking for people like you. Are you ready for the challenge?
Siemens Industry is looking for a Systems / Manufacturing Engineer for our Spartanburg, SC factory, with 500 + employees that produce high-quality, make-to-order power distribution equipment. Our processes include material handling, metal and bar fabrication, assembly and test. The Systems Manufacturing Engineer designs and improves manufacturing systems at the mechanical, electrical, and software levels. The position's focus is not just on physical manufacturing systems; it includes the enablement (sensing and acquisition) and use of data (analytics) around manufacturing systems to drive increases in productivity, product quality, and business feedback. This position will provide process and equipment support for various areas of the operation and lead continuous improvement and innovation projects. The ideal candidate has experience in manufacturing mixed with mixed with a strong skillset in data analysis and information technology.
· Design, plan and improve manufacturing operations, processes, and systems to achieve safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory performance expectations.
· Support the evaluation and management of software applications and functionality available across manufacturing systems.
· Implement tools, such as Digital Work Instructions, Computer Aided Process Planning, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected worker support tools.
· Support the instrumentation, control, connectivity, and analytic solutions around manufacturing equipment and operational assets.
· Lead initiatives to reduce production errors and improve product quality across manufacturing systems.
What you need:
· B.S. or greater in a related engineering discipline.
· 5 - 7 years’ experience with metal fabrication and/or assembly process in a manufacturing environment.
· Proficiency in data collection and analysis along with statistical analysis.
· Experience with an MRP system.
· Demonstrated ability to implement change to improve results.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What will set you ahead pack:
· LEAN or 6 Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt.
· Experience with manufacturing execution systems.
· Experience simulating manufacturing systems and processes
· Experience with machine tools and/or automation.
· Experience with CNC Controllers.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.