This opportunity can reside in one of the following cities listed below.
Charlotte, NC / Greeneville, NC / Charleston, SC or Work from Home
The Partner Sales Account Manager is responsible for development, exploitation and maximization of the account penetration and profitable growth of assigned accounts and geography for the Digital Industries portfolio of products and solutions. He/she represents Digital Industries in all sales/strategic activities and acts as interface between the customers, distributors, solution partners and Siemens.
The Partner Sales Account Manager will have a geography consisting of a combination of Enter, Expand, and Defend accounts and will be responsible for the achievement of the account business targets in the respective customer base to include business planning, review, account development and revenue generation leading to market share growth. The role is intended to be self-sufficient in terms of product, technology, and solution knowledge at an executive level and 1st level engineering discussion/conversations.
Expected interactions externally with Customers (incl. Executive and Senior Management) and Partners (e.g. Distributors, Solution Partners) as well as internally with all Digital Industry Business Units and Smart Infrastructure.
The role is an individual contributor role and does not have any direct reports.
- Understands, communicates, and articulates, the customer value proposition for Siemens products, solutions, and technologies at all levels within a customer organization, including maintenance, operations, engineering, purchasing, and executive levels.
Opportunity Management & Account Development
- Ensures assigned sales targets are achieved by collaborating with Partners, Siemens Business Units, and support teams to enter, expand, and defend assigned accounts, with KPI reporting and tracking in SieSales CRM.
- Identifies, develops, and drives leads and opportunities with tracking in SieSales for new account
- Ensures the seamless handover to project execution and delivery teams.
- Coordinates/collaborates with other Siemens entities (i.e. SI EP and DI SW) to further maximize
Territory Analysis and Transparency
- Owns responsibility for the implementation and ongoing management of the distribution strategy, within their assigned geography.
- Analyzes the market, business targets & strategy, issues, needs, processes, value chain and key
business drivers and makes recommendations to ensure adequate and effective Partner coverage.
- Represents the partner to the Siemens DI Business Units to ensure a unified approach towards
customers, while providing operational excellence.
- Evaluates the distribution or solution partner capabilities and potential, for account identification, penetration, management, and ongoing support.
Partner Strategic Planning & Execution
- In collaboration with the Partner, creates and align all components of the Annual Business Plan with Siemens Business Unit goals.
- Holds quarterly reviews of the financial, strategic, and operational aspects of the Partner Annual
Business Plan, and works with the Siemens Business Units, support teams, etc. to ensure sales targets are achieved.
- Works with Partners to ensure all aspects of Partner business operations are in compliance with
Siemens policies, manages resolution of potential violations and corrective actions.
- Collaborates with other sales teams across multiple geographies as necessary to ensure seamless
cooperation between Partners throughout the sales process.
- Builds/maintains sustainable relationships with the appropriate customer, distribution decision makers.
- Facilitates and plans relationships on executive and senior levels with the distributors, customers and Siemens management.
- Provides early recognition of potential risks with (major) business impact. When necessary
escalates identified risks in time to appropriate DI Management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3+ years of experience selling technical products and solutions specific to Automation & Drives
- Technical knowledge of factory automation, motion control, drive systems, control products, and Industrial Ethernet networks.
- Proven track record of developing new business opportunities in a teaming environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify or uncover a customer’s specific challenge, develop relevant relationships within customer’s organization, develop a strategy, propose a technical solution, and win the opportunity.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills are essential.
- Position requires 15% overnight travel.
- BS in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science is preferred.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.