Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a Product Promoter focused on the Industrial Communication & Networking product lines. Join our team of professionals owning digital transformation in industrial automation! This position reports to the PA DCP business segment and works closely with the regional Industrial Sales teams and channel partners to provide expert consultative support. The IT/OT Network Business Developer has a primary focus to drive Siemens’ Industrial Communication solutions into end-user manufacturing facilities. Industries supported would include F&B, Automotive, Chemical, Metals as well as Siemens’ own manufacturing facilities. With growing interest and adoption of Ethernet communication on the plant floor, a drive toward Digitalization or Industry 4.0, this position will be a critical resource providing expert guidance on network design, implementation, and cybersecurity. Options to work remote in CA, OR, WA, or UT while supporting the West US region, travelling 70% on average in support of your clients.Responsibilities: Outward focused, customer oriented and self-motivated promoter driven to:
- Execute the Manufacturing IT Networks Go-to-Market approach and sales strategy for Industrial Communication in the US to achieve the respective business goals, and Work with product marketing managers to implement marketing strategies and programs
- Partner with customers to Provide strategic guidance through informative consultation and recommendations on network technology/architectures to facilitate decision-making
- Provide consultative support to sales teams, channel partners and ISN partners ("technical advice”) on relevant products and services
- Provide pre-sales support for sophisticated technical applications, deploy Application Engineer resources as necessary, and deliver sales support to external partners (Distributors, Solution Partners) relative to Communication & Networking products
- Facilitate open dialogue between Engineering and IT teams at customer locations while understanding both perspectives and articulating our “Ethernet on the plant-floor or OT” approach
- Drives design and implementation of robust and reliable Ethernet networks suitable for applications in manufacturing environments including Siemens’ own, while providing input into product development requirements for new products or improving existing products or product lines.
- Serve as a coach for the Network Consultants and Regional Sales force in case of IT/OT related topics and provide training to Network Consultants to improve overall organizational expertise to engage with IT professionals at customer meetings
- Articulate customer requirements and issues as well as competitive intelligence.
- Lead and maintain key projects (opportunity pipeline) for the portfolio to including regular updates
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in related subject area, or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- 5+ years of sales or technical experience and basic knowledge of industrial automation solution sets and architectures
- Understanding of “networking products” as a critical component of common automation systems
- Ability to discuss the basic components of an automation system: PLC's, HMI, and SCADA.
- Anticipated travel: 70%
- Ability to demonstrate the value of our SCALANCE & RUGGEDCOM product lines and our unique differentiators
- Cisco knowledge and certification ie: CCNA, CCIE, CCNP, CCDA
- Cyber Security knowledge and/or certification ie: CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, Cybersecurity Specialization
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.