Siemens CERT is a dedicated team of Security Engineers with the mission to secure the Siemens infrastructure. CERT also monitors the current Cyber Threat Landscape for Siemens and assesses its potential impact to the enterprise. Based on that know-how and the latest technological trends, it consults with the Information Technology departments in Siemens to improve the enterprise IT Security. The team also is responsible for coordinating the response to and forensic analysis of Cyber Security Incidents within Siemens and its customers.
We are looking for a Digital Forensics Expert (m/f/d)
We make real what matters. This is your role.
- Investigate and follow through on IT security incidents in geographically distributed environments, considering all relevant technical and non-technical stakeholders during all phases of the incident
- Guided by documented processes and Key Experts, analyze evidence collected from potential / suspected incidents within Siemens or customer’s networks, correlate and interpret technical evidence and log data. Generate reports and based on results, provide guidance on crucial next steps to drive incidents to a successful conclusion
- Help improving our vast internal toolset by contributing improvement ideas on functionality and new features; also, implement parts of these improvements yourself by writing code
Use your skills to move forward:
- Significant technical system expertise (e.g. gathered from being an IT Administrator) with relevant exposure and expertise in IT Security, in several of the following technologies: Linux and Windows operating systems, web-technologies (encryption, HTTP, REST), networking, cloud environments
- Excellent ability to interact with both technical experts and non-technical staff in exceptional situations to ensure correct actions are taken and communication partners collaborate
- Excellent working knowledge in at least two of the following forensic disciplines: host-based, network, cloud, OT, memory, mobile, forensic analysis
- Knowledge of common commercial and open-source forensics tools like EnCase, plaso, volatility and similar
- Prior experience in reverse engineering malware samples; ideally includes unpacking and evasion of common and more exotic anti-debugging techniques
- Ability to present and explain complex technical topics to both management and technical experts
- Ability to work in a self-guided and result-oriented fashion with the clear desire to become an acknowledged technical expert in your own area of expertise
- Fluent in spoken and written German; proficiency in English on a conversation level, including security terminology
May have knowledge or experience in some of the following areas:
- Cloud Security expertise
- DevOps (CI/CD pipelines, testing best practices, etc.)
- Implementation of web applications (based on REST-APIs, databases, front-end)
This position involves very limited travelling.
Do you want to know more about Cybersecurity at Siemens? www.siemens.com/cybersecurity
www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds - if you would like to find out more about Digital Minds at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
#CTCYS #cybersecurity #LI-DL
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time